Formula 1 driver

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
G

I am glad to see we have moved on, to bike bashing and white van man. Yes I too get annoyed at some of the atrocious and inconsiderate things drivers and bikers do,but I seem to see 10/1 in favour of the normal car driver being a complete pratt.

I also see far more incidents involving a normal car travelling at about 70mph in the outside lane whom deems it his god given right to stay in that lane at an indicated 70mph when the middle lane is free of traffic for quite away.

But all of this only proves my point of view, inconsiderate and poor driving should be more of concern to us, then actually if someone breaks the speed limit by 1 or 2 mph.

Yes you could say this too is poor driving but then with bottlenecks being almost a norm of life these day, and indeed of great potential danger,normally these involve of que of vehicles, which once formed travel within the legal speed limit.

So one could say teats alright,or one could say that's poor driving, and should be of much more concern than actually not straying over the speed limit.

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
So what's the best thing to do when you come up behind a lane hogger? 20+ years ago, I was heading North on the 3 lane part of the M11. Very quiet that day. My 2CV gradually closed (at 61 mph) on a white van in lane 2. What other traffic there was simply passed him in lane 3, but my top speed of 64 and a bit would have meant me sitting in the outside lane for a mile. Nor did I feel like undertaking. I came up behind in lane 2, sounded "peep-peep", flashed lights - no response. Then in the mirror I saw an HGV (ungoverned as they then were), the sort with ten lamps over the cab, and air horns 3 feet long. I moved into Lane 1, the HGV kept coming until he was rather close to the van, then he sounded the horns (and flashed the lights, I assume). From behind and to the side, it sounded like the end of the world. I don't know how loud it was in front, but the white van suddenly jumped 15 feet sideways! The HGV overtook him quite briskly, then I did the same at my leisurely best. Good result!!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts