Forum drop out

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Why' despite meticulously ticking the "rember me on this computer" box when signing in do I constantly find I am not 'rembered' on the same computer, even if returning to the site within a few minutes and without formally signing out.

This happens regularly on a Windows 7 laptop and an ipad running latest ios 9

Annoying.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Have you got cookies disabled on your web browser? Cookies are markers which help your computer to remember data from a regularly visited website so if they are disabled the data would need to be re-entered each time. You can alter your privacy settings via Tools>>Settings, normally by clicking the three horizontal bars at the top right of the forum page.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
As Parksy states, click on the three little dots top right of the page on the drop down menu, go to setting and you should see somewhere a" passwords" section, select save passwords.
Hopefully that should help.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
It's also possible to save any website by pinning it to your task bar.
Using Firefox on Windows 10 log in to the forum, left click on the yellow Practical Caravan logo, hold down the mouse button to drag and drop to your task bar and just click on it to re-visite the website.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for advice and ideas everyone.
I'm using Chrome from ipad with Ios 9.2 and it's a little different to the Windows version.
Cookies are enabled.
Seems to have been better of late and particular when signing in on the 'proper' PCV boxes than using the Google box route. Perhaps this is the answer ?

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ray. Yes, you're right, it will work more reliably when you log in using your username and password, rather than logging in via a social network/similar. That's how I log in and it stays logged in for decent periods of time (I think the standard period is 30 days, before it automatically logs out), which works well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts