Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
From a different thread earlier:

ProfJohnL said:
Hello parksy,

I've just noticed that a new category has been added to the forum
Called Market place.

Do you know anything about it?

Yes Prof, many of us have long shared the view that it's a shame that bona fide forum members are prohibited from selling unwanted caravan accessories such as caravan steps, Aqua Roll's, Wastemasters, awnings etc; up to and including their used caravan on this forum.
Nobody wants to trawl through a load of adverts, however genuine they may be, just to read or reply to an interesting point on one of the message boards, and historically the previous forum admin had shown a marked reluctance to adapt the forum / website to reflect online technological advances to give us items that we've asked for time and time again over the years.

Until now!

I know that we've all had a bit of a moan at some stage about the new forum ownership, myself included, but since community chief Steven Haines a.k.a 'Allen The Alien' has arrived on board the previously apparent inactivity from admin has changed drastically.

Steven recently arranged a group chat via Skype with himself, the Future plc Vice President of Global Community Joseph Pishgar and myself.
Both of the gentlemen that I spoke about this website with are American, and I was very impressed by their go-ahead can-do positive attitude and also of their belief in the bright successful future prospects of our online community, which with our help Future plc hope to regenerate (in a good way) and to expand.
Our group chat was very productive, and amongst other ideas I suggested to Steven and Joseph that members might like a separate free to use classified advert section, in line with our friends on other caravan related forums.
I can tell you that although Steven has worked hard and has been extremely busy, not only finding out more about this website and maintaining it, but in launching seven completely new online communities, he has taken the time and trouble to build an online Marketplace for us, with great communication with us to determine the rules that we will use to start up with.
The Marketplace will go live very soon, and it will evolve as time goes by as will this website.
Steven and Joseph have said that if we have any suggestions which will make this online community a better, easier to use fun and friendly place to visit to let them know and they will do whatever is possible to try to make it happen.
I can't make promises on behalf of other people, but the short time span between my suggestion and the appearance of the forum Marketplace reinforces my initial feeling that these guys do what they say they will do, they are upbeat and very positive.
I think that after some relatively lean years ( with the honourable exception of the stewardship of Nigel Donnelly) this forum and website is headed for better times.
:cheer:

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Sorry for being off topic but Alen the Alien's post in the new 'Market Place' section is locked for replies.

I am pleased to see this new section, and thanks to Parksy for his eforts in making it a reality.

Alen the Alien does say that members should contact each other "off forum" if wishing to discuss particular aspects of the sale item(s), are we also to see private messaging being introduced? otherwise it will not be easy to contact other forum users off forum.

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
Parksy, I posted a response following the Prof's post, and it relates to the new Market Place section, seems it crossed over with your posting on the subject matter.

Please move my post if you feel it is appropriate to do so.

Thanks.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Parksy
That’s good news and a really promising future trend. I gauge that it should bring more visits to the PC website.

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Anseo said:
Sorry for being off topic but Alen the Alien's post in the new 'Market Place' section is locked for replies.

I am pleased to see this new section, and thanks to Parksy for his eforts in making it a reality.

Alen the Alien does say that members should contact each other "off forum" if wishing to discuss particular aspects of the sale item(s), are we also to see private messaging being introduced? otherwise it will not be easy to contact other forum users off forum.

That would be a good move, make things nice and easy and save the Mods from having to forward peoples requests to forward Email addresses.

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
That's great news: thank you! What a fantastic facility to be added on here: I look forward to seeing it go live... and probably buying some more stuff I never knew I needed!!!
:p Wayne

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Anseo said:

Plans for next year could well include a private messaging service Anseo, but currently such a service would take a lot of time and resources to set up on this software.
I'm in email contact with Allen The Alien with regard to these forum matters, and he will come up with a workable solution before the new Marketplace goes live.
If goods were advertised in a local newspaper the seller would provide a mobile phone number on the bottom of their advert, that would be the easiest solution for the time being, but we'll see what happens.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
The rules for using the new Marketplace on the forum have been made into a sticky post.
Users should add a link to a social media account such as Facebook or Twitter, both of which have private messaging facilities.
Alternatively users can add any contact details that they are comfortable in sharing..
Edit:
The Marketplace is now live.
If there are any queries about the rules or comments that are not adverts please post them here.
The Marketplace is for bona-fide forum members to buy or sell unwanted caravan or motorhome related items only.

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
...........Shucks :)

Just coming to the end of selling all the parts I salvaged from breaking up my 1995 Swift at the end of last September.
Sold the running chassis to a boat trailer builder. The rest of the marketable bits have gone all over the UK.
Had a lot of enjoyment from that caravan over 23 years......amusing to think where it has ended up :cheer:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts