Frame Heater

Mar 17, 2020
Visit site
Whilst I understand the Dometic Frame Heater is designed to ease condensation on parts of the fridge I also understand it is a 12v device which draws current whilst in operation.

Seemingly most useful in hot humid weather, where condensation can be more prevalent, my concern is that if left on and the van not on EHU the constant battery drain could be a problem.

I've no idea what the draw is and I suppose its possible that it varies between models.

Although almost always on EHU I've never switched this on simply because I know I'd forget to switch it off again!.

Question is does anyone use it, or can offer any informed opinions regarding the Dometic Frame Heater?

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I have not heard of door jamb heaters being used on caravan fridges. I have never had one and it has never been an issue. Our home side by side fridge and freezer have them, but I believe that is heated by a pipe from the cooling circuit running under the door edge. It certainly feels warm to the touch. Our Dometic used to get condensation build up on the door light, but Dometic issued an update that fixed it.

John

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
I have never heard of these items, I have caravanned for 15 years and never needed anything different than the normal fridge unit. Winter or Summer.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts