FRANKLEY SERVICES

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
Today i had the stopped at Frankley Services M5 North bound.NEVER AGAIN will i go there We had to park with many lorries , the surface was full of pot holes ,very dirty .The people that planned this service station should be shot ,they can not possibly have a grain of sense in there tiny minds.When you see signs on the motorway Tiredness kill & they provide services like this .IT is A total disgrace

Aug 13, 2007
Visit site
Yes Frankley is very tired, but it has been open for nearly forty years.

It was designed when there was a lot less traffic using it, but I believe that it like all of the service areas are owned by the govnt and leased by whoever, and as we well know the govnt wont spend to repair the roads what chance does a service area have

Oct 26, 2007
Visit site
The goverment has no money ,do you not find that strange that they can find money for some things .When the MP s stop robbbbbbbing us tax payers .Forty years old is no excuse ,what about saftey 4 5 6 " deep pot holes .If as you say they were built when there was less traffic ,more traffic more income .I would not pay the owners of this site with Rusty washers .

Apr 13, 2005
Visit site
i stopped using frankly around 10 years ago, its not a new thing that this services is so disgusting, i still have horrible memories of this service area stinking of urine where the lazy overweight truck drivers cant be bothered to exercise theire legs for the 20 yard walk to the toilets (not all but most) one even jumped out of his cab and urinated in front of my then 8 year old daughter admitadely he did it against his wheel but it was still in full view. most services are filthy disgusting places once you get in to the truck area which unfortunately is where us decent caravanners and campers get dumped by the profiteering owners.

we do what most of my friends and familey do and just use the services for a quick toilet stop we then get off the motorway if we need a longer refreshment stop, we do after all have a caravan on tow with a fridge full of food.

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
It appears to me that most services stink of urine. Try Stafford services caravan parking area, the lorry drivers use it as well. Last year we arrived there, got out of the car and into the van for the night and then smelt it off of our shoes !

Yuk.

Guess what, they even charge you

Jan 12, 2007
Visit site
as a hgv driver i do not condone what the idiot hgv drivers do at the side of there lorries...........but,and this is no excuse,but have you seen how far away most lorry parks are away from the toilets? like i said its no excuse but when you are fit to burst.........needs must

hgv dave

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts