Free stuff to review

Sam Vimes

Sep 7, 2020
Visit site
As I've mentioned previously I get stuff from Amazon free to review. Satisfies my passion for gadgets :)

Last week there were a number of caravan related items which I managed to get. Wheel Chocks, Wheel Covers and Corner Steady Pads. Also a nose weight guage but I didn't bother with that.

I've never had Chocks or Wheel Covers but have thought they'd be useful so I gave them ago.

The Chocks where cheap but a little on the light and small side in my opinion. Couldn't get them to be much use on the levelling ramps.

The Wheel Covers look promising and its something I've thought of for a long time as the van stays idle during the winter months and the weather can be a little extreme - lots of wind and rain. They seem ok. Bit fiddly to fit and not a tight fit at that. They appear to be rain proof so far but because they're a loose fit I'm concerned they'll get shredded as they flap around in the wind. That's what happend to our motor home cover. The bottom where the ties were got shredded with the constant flapping.

Corner Steady Pads I already have but these seemed a little more sturdy and indeed they are although how much difference that really makes I can't tell. I do prefer them so I've swapped out my old ones. Curiously though they have arrows on them indicating that you fit them in the direction of travel. Ok for the rear but the front legs wind out to the side. OK for going around corners I guess. (old pads on the left in the photos)

Do you folks use Chocks and Wheel Covers?

Caravan Stuff (1 of 9).jpgCaravan Stuff (2 of 9).jpgCaravan Stuff (6 of 9).jpgCaravan Stuff (7 of 9).jpgCaravan Stuff (8 of 9).jpg

Jun 16, 2020
Visit site
I did get wheel covers at one time. Good idea to keep the sun off. But they would not fit between the wheel and the body as the gap was too small. Looking a other vans, I think many would suffer the same problem.

However, mine were of a thicker and stiffer material. If I still had a van, I might have tried the ones in your picture.

John

Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We still have our Milenco chocks and ramps, but have not used them for over 8 years. Never used wheel covers. For the past 8 years the pads we use came standard with new caravans. Cannot remember the brand name for the last lot that we bought, but they were very good.

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
We have still have wheel chocks and corner steady stack pads we put jack pads on our caravan never brought any wheel covers .

Jan 20, 2023
Visit site
Every winter I used to religiously remove the wheels and put them in the garage but over the last couple of years the caravan has been moved/used over the colder months so didn't bother, BUT I do cover them all year round as the sun is on one side quite a lot (assuming it actually manages to break through the clouds!). I used to use some heavy duty refuse bags (designed for building waste) but they needed tying on each time so an elasticated design is quite interesting.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts