Free Text Search

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
Hello

I think this Forum is great. The amount of first class information & experience to share is fantastic. However, and i appologies if this exists & I just haven't found it yet. I would really value the ability to be able to search for info related to my question. Without having to search through all of the topics & pages. I know that there is probably very relevent information in here somewhere, it's just where... Does the site have the functionality to do this easily or will it require costly development ?

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I get what Ros is looking for - a real free text search - and I agree that would be a real boon. It would be great to be able to enter a word or string of words and find all posts in which those words occur.

Feb 12, 2006
Visit site
12 Jan 2006 12:43 PM What? like this one?

http://www.practicalcaravan.com/newforums/fm_search.asp
Moderator1

12 Jan 2006 01:06 PM Jo

There's a link to the address Steve gives, at the top of the page alongside the yellow Welcome to the Forum banner. See "Forum Search".
Thanks Moderator, I did give that a try but the search isn't intelligent enough. As an example, I typed in Bakewell, I know there are post within the Forum because I've read them. But It returned no search results. Lutz has explained it better than I did, thanks Lutz

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
Thanks Moderator, I did give that a try but the search isn't intelligent enough. As an example, I typed in Bakewell, I know there are post within the Forum because I've read them. But It returned no search results. Lutz has explained it better than I did, thanks Lutz
I am not the mod, I cut that from another thread to try to give you an answer.

Jul 12, 2005
Visit site
I am not the mod, I cut that from another thread to try to give you an answer.
I got 3 hits when I put it in

General

Paul, I live on the edge of the Peak Park and also have a Business there. The article covered by the BBC has taken ever eddie 09/12/2005 10:37:09

UK parks & touring

Welcome to the caravanning fraternity. I am sure you are going to thoroughly enjoy your holidays. You could try: Car Ann 03/12/2005 12:59:59

UK parks & touring

Mark, The Caravan Club site at Chatsworth Park is a pretty good site, standard CC heated shower and toilet block, clo Robert 10/10/2005 09:43:38

What I have found is that spaces will mess up the search engine and the date range thing is a bit suspect

I hope this helps as its all we have

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts