FREESAT-HUMAX FREESAT HDR

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
I have received my new Humax Freesat HDR receiver and tested it in my van with my satellite dish and my 19" Technika digital HD & DVD TV (from Tesco). What a great piece of equipment. Apart from the HD picture being brilliant the SD picture is also enhanced by the 1080i setting. The "Programe Guide" and the "Record/Playback" operation are far superior to the SkyHD+ and Sky+ boxes.Channel 5 has now joined Freesat and it is easy to download non-freesat programes.It is also capable of multi-satellite operation, I have not tested this and will not be doing so. Realy pleased with it.

JTS.

May 5, 2005
Visit site
where did you get yours from and how much.As soon as I get one its byebye sky.Has it got the second outlet for remote operation from another room via magic eye?

Thanks a lot

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
JTS,

I'm interested in this. Could you please explain in what way "the "Record/Playback" operation are far superior to the SkyHD+ and Sky+ boxes"? Also, can you record two channels while watching a recording as with Sky+? Record one channel and watch another? Can you turn on and off Closed Captions on recordings?

Many thanks in advance if you could answer these if you find the time.

Gary

Nov 4, 2008
Visit site
Hey Legsmaniac, What make n model n size of satt dish are you using with that Humax box. Those Humax are the best by a longshot, ive ordered the Humax (Foxsatt) box which Im gonna run from a twin LNB from my existing sky dish on the house, and then when I go caravaning, Ill put it in the van with a dish and satt finder.

JTS

Jan 16, 2007
Visit site
Deli Dave, Legsmaniac, Barkas.

FREESAT- HUMAX FOXSAT HDR

The first thing to note is that these boxes is as rare as "hen's teeth" or my wife's purse on a "bar top".

Humax and Freesat have made a complete farce of the introduction of a long awaited product and failed to realise what the take up would be. Introduced two weeks ago yesterday the first consignment sold out in hours, Only Argos appeared to receive a reasonable quantity, J Lewis received some and so did Comet. Especially Comet and J Lewis ignored those who had reordered. Humax have changed gear and have increased production. The situation was further aggravated when a lorry load of boxes was hijacked within hours of arriving in the UK.

It is doubtful if all those who want one will be able to buy before Xmas.

Here is a tip - if you want one ignore what it says on line on the Argos web site about "out of stock for home delivery" and telephone, three times a day if necessary, 0845 640 20 20, Cat No 532/1832. Keep trying and you will eventually get one - two days delivery.

I like the record/ play operation. To record a series for instance, you just highlight the programme, press ok and a small drop down menu appears, click on" record series" simple as that. To play you just press the Video button and you find that instead of a long list of programmes, the series programmes have been placed in a file with a number denoting how many episodes are in the file, press on file and select the episode you want to view or delete. And yes you can record two and watch a third at the same time.

I could go on, but if you go into the Humax website, support, you will find the user manual which you can download and read. Also look at the feedback website.

http://www.humaxdigital.com/freesat/default.asp
http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/digital-boxes/humax-foxsat-hdr
http://foxsat.wikispaces.com/Non-Freesat channels
http://www.joinfreesat.co.uk/index.php/humax-foxsat-hdr-available-at-comet
http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/product.asp?ProdRef=10073&cat=stb
Don't forget, do not be fobbed off, ignore the website keep phoning. PLEASE let me know how you get on. Or if I can be of further help.

I am so pleased not to be contributing to Murdochs pension, SKY was so greedy, and they wanted

May 5, 2005
Visit site
Have been on and the rear view shows RF out,could this be used to run other TVs in different rooms ,my Sky+ goes through amplifier in loft to other TVs and change via magic eye system.

Thanks for reply,dont mind waiting ti after Xmas,got to give a months notice to end contract anyway I expect.

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the info, JTS. Like Deli Dave, I'm in no rush to get one before Xmas. Better to wait until all reviews are out and bugs ironed out plus the price will probably come down later. I've just spent a couple of hours reading reviews on other forums via the links you provided and Deli Dave's question has been asked a few times yet no one seems to have answered it yet. I also saw others asking the same question I asked about Closed Captions (Subtitles), also unanswered as yet. Since Argos (and most other places) exclude this box from the 30 Day Return Guarantee, I'll need answers first.

I like the idea you can watch a third channel while recording two, something which the Sky boxes cannot do but obviously, we're limited as to what third channel you can watch, depending on the polarisation/transponder of the two being recorded but it's better than nothing. :)

Jan 31, 2008
Visit site
I popped over to visit me ol' ma the other day and found she's bought herself a Humax PVR from Argos. It's the "aerial" version though with no HD, not the dish version. Apart from the missing HD, it's exactly the same in use. Instead of needing a twin (or quad) LNB, it uses just the one aerial input yet can still record two channels and watch a third (polatity depending)

Tried out the subtitles and checked the RF out function, all work fine. The series link, program guide and recorded programs listings were pretty neat too. Not bothered about HD myself but would still prefer the dish version. Have to say though that the aerial version was a neat bit of kit.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts