Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David, there is a lot of info here about Freeview if you would like to search for it. In short yes you can but before you go away check on the Freeview web site if the area you are visiting gets the signals, not all areas support Freeview. Hope this helps.

David,

the answer to your question is too detailed for this site in short the status will recieve digital or freeview but not everywhere. Go to David Sullivans excellent web site. www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk This covers freeview and Satellite. My advice, choose carefully before you spend your dosh.

Eddie.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello David,

It may help to realise that Freeview uses the same transmitter sites as the analog signals we have used for years. Not all transmitters have been chaned yet. In addition the Freeview system requires a stronger signal to resolve the broadcast than the analog. So if you are in an area where analog is poor, then Freeview will probably not work.

Satellite is more consistent as the dish has to point up at the sky.

Aug 15, 2005
Visit site
hi David

I use freeview and get on great with it, the basic rule is if you have a good TV signal your freeview will work but if you have a weak signal then problems start as with all TVs.

You say you use a status ariel on your van, i get on better with a pole monted directional ariel as i can move around the van for the best un-blocked signal.

Regards Carl

Aug 23, 2004
Visit site
Worth mentioning as well that many sites that suffer from poor TV reception have TV hook up points, on the electric hook up posts, which are fed from a large aerial - your freeview box may well work if connected to this rather than through your status aerial.

Haydn.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
David

I found that if you want the best possible results then a directional ariel works best. I use an "Image530/18" UHF directional TV Antenna, compatible with Freeview. This works much better than the fitted Status omni-directional. I am thinking of fitting the status directional version to rduce my pitching up time. Also the Image ariel is mounted on the drawbar and it does interrupt the view.

Jun 2, 2005
Visit site
I can't comment on status omni-directional aerials as my avondale doesn't have one - it's got a teleco one - with booster - so far no problems. I've just got back from Rookesbury the analog was bad. But the Freeview was great.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts