french campsites

Apr 14, 2006
Visit site
has anybody been to. des quatre vents campsite near disney land paris.

also .la bien assise campsite near guines calais are these good campsites clean value for money .also is france a dear place to holiday.or would i be better with a package deal to spain.thanks aprilanne

Mar 24, 2006
Visit site
Hi Aprilanne

Check out the topic "First visit to France with small(ish) children" under "overseas parks etc" section. Guines is a four star site a short distance from Calais, seems to be well recommended

Have a good trip

Helen

Jul 18, 2005
Visit site
Hi Aprilanne, We stayed at des 4 vents while we visited disney a couple of years ago. Nice large pitches and a very easy drive to disney [10 mins]. Staff then were very helpfull and spoke good english . Hope this helps Alan

Feb 19, 2006
Visit site
hi,

we stayed at des 4 vents last year, thought it was a nice site, large pitches, toilet/shower blocks were nice and clean, play area for children, fresh bread on site every morning from local baker, snack van in eve, did find that the swimming pool was freezing in mid aug! the staff were very helpful, and we are going back this summer for a couple of nights. hope this helps

May 5, 2005
Visit site
you should also disregard clever t***ts that reply France is greta and inexpensive and an excellent holiday
The bit that annoyed me was telling the person to learn to speak english,i dont see why there is any need to be rude when someone asks for opinions,the holiday side is as you say a matter of opinion

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
We have used both these sites and would recommend both happily. The Disney site has really good sized pitches and we didn't find any problem with the pool temperature in August. The nearest supermarket is a little way away, but they do have bread deliveries in the morning. Just remember to get your toilet paper before you go to the loo! La Bien Assise we have used twice before and will be using again this year, as an ideal stopover point near to Calais. This pool is cold but kids don't seem to mind. It is a lot easier to get to if you have Sat Nav and the nearest petrol station is in the village. We have found that using the caravan club travel service works out cheaper than booking direct. Generally costs are similar to here - except for petrol much cheaper across there. We tend to stock up at supermarkets for the basics on arrival and then use local shops for the fresh stuff. Generally camp site staff are very friendly and helpful. If you want to know anything more specific I will keep an eye open for your request. Good luck, enjoy yourselves and don't be put off by la'croc!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts