French Sites in August

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm getting conflicting stories from some of my mates. Some say I'll need to book sites now for August, others say they just take pot luck.We'll need one between Lille and Versailles for a couple of nights mid to late August,then one between Nievres and Vendee at the end of August.What's your opinion folks?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
emmmerson, I can only speak from my experiences of going to France each summer for last 15 years or so. I have found that there is no problems at most times unless you want a specific site or more than 1 unit. July and beginnning of August is busy but after mid August there are loads of spare pitches even on popular sites.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For a couple of nights in non touristy areas you should have no problems finding a pitch. If you have a decent book of sites, like the Caravan Club Caravan Europe 1, you will always find somewhere.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Emmerson

We have been touring France for a number of years. Always in late July and August as we are both teachers. Even though we have a long, twin axle van we have never found any difficulty finding a site. We have rarely booked although if we particularly want a certain site we may phone ahead on the day. There are just so many high quality sites in France including the municipal ones found in many towns. Most of them are far superior to those on offer in the UK and at very reasonable prices.

During the second half of August the demand for pitches, also, noticeably decreases as the French hols draw to a close. I too would strongly recommend Caravanning Europe from the CC and Alan Rogers "France" is, also, useful.

Another advantage of not booking is that you be choosy about where you stop and do not have to worry about getting to a certain place by a certain time.

I'm sure you'll have a super time. Happy 'vanning,

Tim

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts