French Weather

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All. We are going to L`oree du Bois near Royan in france at the end of july for 19 days I would hope the weather would be better than here anyway. Im thinking of going for a week in the october break. Whats the weather like at that time of year. How far would i need to go for decent weather bearing in mind its only for 7 days. Need decent weather to keep the kids happy Would you recommend costal or inland. Cheers for any advise given. Richard w

Jun 2, 2006
Visit site
Hello Richard,

Could be very hot and sunny around Royan then.

In October the weather should be OK along the Loire valley, but coastal is probably all shut for the winter. The summer sites will definitely be closed so you need either the Michelin Camping book which shows all year sites underlined on the map, or the Caravan Club Europe 1 which gives dates of opening and comments.

Some of the French all year sites are used by nomades in the winter so can be busy.

We live near Carcassonne in the south and don't expect to need heating until November, but that is a long way for a short trip.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hello Richard,

Could be very hot and sunny around Royan then.

In October the weather should be OK along the Loire valley, but coastal is probably all shut for the winter. The summer sites will definitely be closed so you need either the Michelin Camping book which shows all year sites underlined on the map, or the Caravan Club Europe 1 which gives dates of opening and comments.

Some of the French all year sites are used by nomades in the winter so can be busy.

We live near Carcassonne in the south and don't expect to need heating until November, but that is a long way for a short trip.
Cheers James. We stopped at carcassonne for the night on the way to spain last year. Richard W

Dec 15, 2005
Visit site
Hi.

we not only live in France, but we also own a campsite & gites here in the heart of the Loire Valley. October is stunning here. Last year we were still in shorts & tee-shirts. There's lots to see & do all year round. If you'd like more info, have a look at our website, or send us an e-mail?

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
It is in my Favorites for future reference....!

we are too busy this year, but I will be planning our first trip to France next year so I'll definately keep you in mind.

cheers

Mark (",)

Jul 5, 2005
Visit site
Hi Stuart

quick question: if you only have eight pitches, how quickly do you book up?

like I say, it would be next year before we would be trying France, but is this something I should plan this year? It would have to be during school hols.

thanks again, the site looks lovely!

Mark (",)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks stuart. Your site looks lovely. We may see you in october HOPEFULLY. Just one question do you think it would be warm enough to use the pool in october. Cheers Richard W

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts