Friction pads for Winteroff WS3000D stabliser

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Hi Forumers,

Could anyone tell me where the cheapest place is to buy friction pads for a winteroff WS3000D, I saw one on ebay last night for £32 and didnt buy it...... I have priced one up today and it is £60. I could kick myself. Advice please???

Jun 24, 2007
Visit site
Are the pads actually worn out or are they just creaking?If the later just clean with brake cleaner.
Hi Michael E

The pads have worn down causing the van to sway when traveling.There is an indicator on the hitch and it is not inline where it should be near a + sign.

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
Interesting you mention the van swaying and pads being worn.

the last time out in the van we had some problems with the van getting out of shape , too much for it to be a one off. Loading was OK before anyone asks

When I checked the pads they seemed quite smooth.

Anyway I took the van into the dealer on Sunday so it can be serviced this week and I had another look at the pads and there seemed to be some grainy deposits on them.

I'm getting the dealer to check it out , his initial thoughts about the handling was that the pads / towball had smoothed over too much and may need roughing up a bit so we'll see what he says when I pick it up tonight.

Feb 28, 2009
Visit site
Roger,

Thats interesting what the dealer is saying.

I would have thought the opposite. The smoother the cup and ball the greater the frictional resistance. If you rough it up you will decrease the frictional resistance.

But what do I know.....this is meerly my thoughts and someone may well know different.

Jim

Nov 6, 2005
Visit site
Yorkie you dont say how old the pads are and roughly how many miles you have done?

Every since day 1 my marker has never lined up with the top + but it has never really moved and i tow quite a lot.

Take them out and have a good look as

TRENDING THREADS