fridge connection

Mar 12, 2006
Visit site
my problem is that the fridge switch keeps flashing and the relay keeps clicking when connected to the car. have replaced battery in caravan and checked all fuses. this is the 12v side of the circuit has anybody got any ideas.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi,I am assuming your problem occurs when the car is connected to your caravan and the engine is running, my first thought is to check you have a good earth and secondly check the centre pin in the grey socket on the caravan, most stick out of the plug further than the other pins, and the parts of the pin can get squeeezed together, I check mine each time I hitch up and I would say that 50% of the time I need to open the pin with a penknife, the other problem you may experience if your pin does close up is that the pin will become hot in use, particularly if the earth is poor, and this can then melt part of the plastic in the grey plug. If you check all this and still have a problem, if your fridge is Dometic they have local maintenance engineers who will come out to your caravan, depending on the age of your caravan it could be covered under the warranty. We have had excellent sevice from Dometic, we even had the green light replaced on the 3 position switch FOC.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts