Fridge LED

Mar 30, 2006
Visit site
We have a 2006 Swift Challenger 540. The blue LED on the fridge control panel has stopped working, although the fridge still appears to be working fine.

The potential problem here is that the LED is the indicator of problems and either shows a steady light or flashes indicating something wrong.

Is it easy to change the LED or is it a dealer job ? and indeed Is it possible to purchase the required part ??

any suggestions or help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Kind regards

James

Mar 10, 2006
Visit site
james

just a long shot. Have you tried a technical tap or two near to the led. This may indicate a dry joint?

Changing the led may be more trouble than its worth, depending on how accesible it is.

If you decide to change it, you need to fit the correct voltage rating, obviously it need not be the same colour, red being more common.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi James,

We had the same problem with our Thetford fridge. The pcb behind the fascia had to be replaced under warranty. From what I saw the replacement was very easy.

Andy

Mar 30, 2006
Visit site
Hi James,

We had the same problem with our Thetford fridge. The pcb behind the fascia had to be replaced under warranty. From what I saw the replacement was very easy.

Andy
Hi Andy

Thank you for that mate. I contacted Thetford today, and they are sending me a new board, and explained how to change it. It seems dead easy.

I am so used to paying for everything, I never thought of enquiring about the warranty - stupid me or what ?

They were very helpful at Thetford, and no quibble at all.

Thanks again, and have a happy 2009 season.

Kind regards

James

Mar 30, 2006
Visit site
james

just a long shot. Have you tried a technical tap or two near to the led. This may indicate a dry joint?

Changing the led may be more trouble than its worth, depending on how accesible it is.

If you decide to change it, you need to fit the correct voltage rating, obviously it need not be the same colour, red being more common.
Hi Ray

Thank you for your help here. As Andy says though, it needs to be the whole pcb and they are sending me a new one under warranty.

Have a good season in 2009 my friend

Kind regards

James

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts