Fridge malfunction on 12v, Abbey GTS

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
My fridge works intermittently on 12v, usually not working when I most need it BUT it always works on test and on first hook up!!! Something has to be loose or malfunctioning on the move. Problems could be with the fridge circuitry or the car voltage sensor but how can I find out without wiring warning lights to test on the move, and has anyone experienced this before?

The fridge is a 4 yr old Dometic in an Abbey GTS - it didn't work at all on 12v last year when I bought the van - the fault was a blown circuit board. Suggests a fridge fault still exists somewhere? Faulty heater pulling too much power?

We go to motor racing circuits around Europe and so travel from home with all provisions for long weekends, often on the road all day. The 12v system is essential!

Alan

Dec 10, 2007
Visit site
Just a thought - but is your van level when fully hooked up, most van fridges do not work very well or not at all when not level.
Thanks for the thought, but it's the 12v system on the road causing problems. The gas and 240v systems work fine - which means the basic refridgeration system is OK. It can only be the 12v heater, the control panel or the 12v supply from the car but as I said, it works fine on test.

Alan

Jul 7, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for the thought, but it's the 12v system on the road causing problems. The gas and 240v systems work fine - which means the basic refridgeration system is OK. It can only be the 12v heater, the control panel or the 12v supply from the car but as I said, it works fine on test.

Alan
Alan,

Did you get to the bootom of your 12v problem? We're having similar problems. Runs fine on 240v and gas.

Thanks.

Trevor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts