FROM TOURER TO STATIC

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
In October of last year we sold our touring caravan and bought a static caravan. Although we loved touring it became to hard for us to manage, me being a wheelchair user and a son with learning difficulties it all fell on my hubby. After struggling to put the awning up, we had to use it because we also have 4 dogs that slept in the awning. Well like i said my hubby struggled to do it all himself, then it struck he got a bad back and we couldn,t manage anymore. So now we have moved into the world of static caravans; We used it once in October last year before the season came to a close. Now we are happily waiting for the season to open, I,m also counting down the weeks to the opening which cant come soon enough. Hopefully life will become easier for us now the pressure is off alittle.
Thanks for your friendship to all we have met during our touring days. Loved them all.

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Its great that you have found a way to keep the caravanning lifestyle in spite of health pressures. Hope you have many happy holidays in your new static. I'm sure that you will continue to make new friends even though the touring bit is now past. Do keep posting on here; it is still a caravan!
mel

Aug 2, 2006
Visit site
erica1

Anything that lets you carry on enjoying an outdoor life is the right way forward. Please feel free to carry on visiting us here, regardless of your touring vehicle!

Enjoy your season...

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Hi erica1
I hope the static caravan you have and you and hubby have great time this year when the season starts and also my husband is counting the weeks to our first outing at easter .
My Cousin Ray has a static caravan and he based at bridlington and he loves it this is his third year............

Mar 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all your lovely messages they have made me feel so glad that we decided to carry - on caravaning in the end. Cant wait until our season starts, this year its going to be later than we usually start, we cant wait once christmas is out of the way and as soon as we can where off on our jollies.. Our season starts 21 st March, some would think that early but i think once you have your tourer your season can start whenever your ready. We use to stop in dec and start again in january only 3 or 4 weeks break which suited us. Still we can at least go in March and enjoy the loveiness of it all either static or tourer. Happy caravanning everyone. Have some fun this year I say...

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hope all your family can now enjoy wonderfull holidays in your static.
I wish we could have kept ours at Unity Farm Brean but the site fees were too high and if we had have kept it,we would have been looking to replace it during the next couple of years with a new one(site rules).
Good luck to you all and happy holidays
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
We did the opposite but way back in 1978, and have never looked back. Still use a static but it belongs to our daughter, usualy take them to it beginning of school holidays at Easter and the large summer holiday. She said she is going to get the most out of it, Son in law has to carry on working.

Trevor

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts