Front window damage

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all (Help) please
I have an Avondale Avante 640-6, and 2 of the 3 front windows were delaminated. I managed to re glue them but have noticed a lot of cracking around the edges ( think they have gone brittle ). I have found a company that can make new ones but they are very expensive so I wondered if there is another caravan that uses the same windows.
Any help or advise would be great
Thanks
Marcus

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the windows are model specific so a breakers would be the cheapest option. New windows are expensive as only firm I know of that makes to order is EECO, they are very good but not cheap.

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
:blush: I Know its a bit late now ,but did you research what adhesive is compatible with the window acrylic before you did the job? as its probably the adhesive that has caused the crazing. when my windows delaminated I used
eeco-ltd.co.uk .they repaired the windows for less than £100 each & did a very good job of them

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Is this damage caused by air pressure on the window when towing, or does it happen to side and back windows as well?
I ask this as it always seems to be the front windows that suffer this problem

Nov 5, 2006
Visit site
there seem to be 2 distinct problems with front windows . one is that the outer skin deflects inwards due to air pressure & causes marking on the inner panel. This is a manufacturers known fault & should be replaced by your dealer free of charge
the second is delamination of the windows ,where the 2 panels separate allowing water into the space between the inner & outer panels this is not so clear as to who is to blame but can be repaired by using the correct acrylic compatible adhesive or getting a repair done by http://www.eeco-ltd.co.uk/
however they will not attempt a repair on a window that has had a previous attempted repair done on it

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts