Front windows coming apart

Nov 29, 2019
Visit site
Hello my first visit to this forum and I have a problem with two of my front windows they are coming apart ie splitting, is there any sealant that you can use that does not look terrible after the repair :( thanks Cath

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Its not a sealant you use but there sre several bonding agents out there do a search for them, also I had this problem several years ago and took the window to a cpmpany in Bradford that do a professioal bonding job,

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Repairing a caravan window is a tricky business as the acrylic is now aged and brittle, so great care must be taken when trying it.
A number of people have had some success with Bondrite , but again, great care in application is required and careful preparation is essential.
This is made even more difficult as the top of he window is held by a pressed on hinge bar, so the two panes are not entirely separate.

The company called EECO will effect a rebonding repair but the window needs to be sent to them (they collect and deliver), but only if there has not been a previous repair attempt.

https://eeco-ltd.co.uk/

May be worth a phone call to them.

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Hi
Depending what age your caravan is and the window manufacturer but if they were made by Polyplastic and they were a certain batch you can get them repaired FoC or replaced at a discount. There was a known fault of the windows separating on the seals
My previous van was on the fault list & I had them re-sealed free.
If you go onto the Polyplastic site it has or did have the faulty years & models so may be worth a try before you DIY.
If yours are on the list you have to take the van to one of their nominated repairers for the Repair/Replacement
Mike

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts