Fuel at Le Havre

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi All
As a family are travelling to France in 2 weeks, with the favourable exchange rate was hoping to get off the Ferry in Le Havre and top the tank up with Diesel over there. Have found a website that shows an Esso station on Boulevard Francois 1er about 1 mile from the terminal. Does anybody have knowledge of this particular one? It does say its open 24/7 but was wondering if it is suitable for car and van, will also be there early on a Sunday morning too. Diesel was 1.32Euros per litre there today, so would begrudge filling my car up for £1.32 per litre this side if I can help it. I'm sure you would all feel the same!!
Many thanks (in advance)
Simon V

Mar 14, 2005
jondogoescaravanning.com
If you leave the ferry port and drive along Boulevarde Winston Churchill - a wide dual carriageway, filling stations come one after the other. From memory within half a mile there's Esso, Shell and BP, all of them with wide entrances and exits. I'm sure at least one will be open on Sunday mornings. Certainly hang on till in France to fill up. Last week I paid 1.29 Euros per litre.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thanks John. Have Googled the one you mentioned, used street view too (very useful!!) and I see what you mean about there being 3 in a row. Its also very almost on route so will probably take a chance and hope that 1 of them is open at 8am on a Sunday!
Many thanks
Simon V

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Val

Have checked the website and I agree there are huge savings to be had. Love the website as we can plot our fuel stops all the way there and back.
Thanks for your advice, that's the beauty of a Forum!
Simon V

Dec 14, 2006
Visit site
Just a word of warning - some 24 hr stations are very tight for car and caravan. At night we have been known to quickly unhitch, drive in, and rehitch!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Have done that myself Val in Guines near Calais last year on a Sunday! Desperately low on fuel then, but unhitching no problem as car park was empty. Always say to myself each year in France that I won't leave it too late to fuel, but always looking for that cheaper fuel 'just a bit further on!!'. Am planning in advance this year :))
Simon V

TRENDING THREADS