Fuel Prices..

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi , is it just me or has anyone else noticed that fuel prices are on the rise again ? Pump prices have went up 4p in the last two weeks here , unleaded is now around 98p a litre and derv around 106p a litre . This is down right shocking reason i expect is price of a barrel and its summer . Will the goverment do anything ? NO !! Cant see these price increases helping the economy !!!

Dougie.....

Jan 8, 2009
Visit site
The best way for drivers to beat these rip off price increases is to have a total ban of buying Esso for a week, followed by BP for a week and then SHELL and so forth. You see them squeal then. Cost of crude oil is approx $60 a barrel, the last time it was that price, we were paying no where near 106p at the pumps. The government will do nothing, as the higher the fuel at the pump, the more tax revenue they rake in. Truth is they need the taxes grabbed from motorists to run the country, they aren't getting much from income tax!

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
i have just got back from Italy , i shall never moan about fuel prices again ,after traveling on an airline which was featured on a series on tv , a cup of tea was 2 euros , a 33 cl bottle of water was 2 euros which makes it nearly

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
All

On the news about 4 weeks ago we were warned of loads of Tankers moored off the Devon coast being held their by the oil companies just waiting for the price increase that was surely to come. Does that answer your question, speculators at again forcing the price of oil up, what does this government do about it, naff all , why because they see more revenue from the tax, reason why holiday time more people driving

As far as l am concerned the government and the city p--- in the same pot and to hell with the consumer.

NigelH

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
never mind boycotting the fuel dealers why not put in a solid protest and everyone fill up with untaxed red diesel.

As wolfy said come the revolution, (if anyone is old enough to remember that program)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
The Tooting National Front - I remember it well

At my local Texaco sttation today petrol is 106.9p per litre and diesel is 102.9p per litre. Although dearer than the local supermarkets it is nice to see the old trend where diesel was at one time cheaper than petrol.

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
The trouble is that due to people staying at home holidays will be taken here using their own transport hence speculators thinking there will be an increase in fuel usage.

You will never control these people, as their sole motivation is to make a quick buck, not to stabilise the economy.

Until the government regulates bullish trading theses things will keep going on.

NigelH

May 25, 2008
Visit site
" You will never control these people, as their sole motivation is to make a quick buck, not to stabilise the economy "

I may have missed something here but do the Goverment not control the price of fuel ?? The market controls the price of OIL the goverment to all intent and purpose really control the price of Fuel

Sorry I see what your saying now, it's the Goverment MPs who want to make a quick buck !!!!

" The chancellor imposed a 2p per litre rise in fuel duty from 1 September, as well as a

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Lets face it no matter what we do the goverment are giong to hammer the british tax payer. Were taxed for using our vehicles on OUR roads, were then taxed for the mileage we do through fuel tax. This fuel is purchased with money we,ve already been taxed on. were will it end.

on the other hand foreign trucks/vehicles come into OUR country with tanks full of low taxed fuel, whilst also not paying any u/k road tax. Also at the same time hammering our roads and taking work away from OUR british industry.

Then british workers are hit with unemployment etc'then forced to cut back on holiday,s and holiday in the u/k then what happens fuel prices escalate. This to me is a no win situation.

Can,t we all join the tooting national front and claim all this back on expenses

you,rs

wolfy

TRENDING THREADS