fun and Games

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
What do we take?

A Sony hard disk Walkman (with about 100CD's on the disk) and a set of JBL On-Tour speakers - total size that of a small paperback and great sound quality.

A Sony world band radio (for France and further away) so you can listen to the weather reports back home.

Cards, cribbage board, Rummikub set, books, etc.

But most essential of all - NO TV.

Robert

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I was cynical I would take your phrase of 'idiot box' to think that you were trying to start a heated debate along the lines of 4x4 and adult only sites. But I'll be charitable and seeing that you like to make your own choices you would like others to be able to do the same.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
yeah,a bit antagonistic,I'm proud to take my tv as it keeps my toddlers quiet at the end of a long day,gets them nice and sleepy with no noise,something I'm sure the anti-kids would be happy with ! Martyn you've set me off now !!!!

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
I didn't start it Robert did! Its only my bit of fun (in case nobody had realised) and yes Ray it was a kick back on the 4 x 4 debate which is getting totally out of hand and very very tiresome. Tina you know what I do for a living so you must know I antagonise people all the time, it goes with the territory. I still don't and wont take a tele away with me though.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Thats fine Martyn but I'd like to say our tv comes out for only about an hour after being out all day ! we are in no way tv slobs !! Are you in southport this year Martyn ??

Jul 15, 2005
Visit site
The reasons we don't take a TV are that there is only the two of us - no trouser tuggers in tow - and we prefer to listen to music (in the backgroud) and read or talk.

Many of our friends with young children couldn't manage without a TV / DVD player to keep the little ones engaged whilst the grown ups are cooking dinner.

Robert

Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Thats fine Martyn but I'd like to say our tv comes out for only about an hour after being out all day ! we are in no way tv slobs !! Are you in southport this year Martyn ??
Hi Tina

Yes I would imagine so, we have to defend our second place (and hopefully get a first). The problem with these sort of events is the huge costs involved. The sorts of displays you see would cost many thousands of pounds to the paying public. And in terms of what we get from it it is not that cost effective. I will let you know nearer the time which company to look out for and you give an opinion as a member of the public. Do you normally go and watch?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts