Further to my post(removed)

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
Further to my post about Breen Sands in Summerset I will try again. The Unity site on the coast road was a great site. The facilities were good and well maintained and our allocated pitch was clean with well mown grass all round. Any problems with the shower/toilet block was quickly sorted by the wardens who where realy nice people. Security on site was exellent with a bar coded pass system for entry and exit. The site was very easy about my grandson playing football behind our pitch and other people with bar-b-que's and there didnt seem to be any extra charges for windbreaks. For those of you that just cant miss Big Brother for a week, the digital signal is very strong in the area and it didnt matter which way the arial was pointing, we still got free-view. There was a kids club(the Piggies) and an adult club in the evening and two takeaways and a small supermarket also onsite. There is also a carwash but this was closed due to the hosepipe ban. A bus service runs about every three quarters of an hour out of the camp. This is in the form of a very picturesqe train. So the site was great. The leasure park next door and bareing the Unity name was not. It was expensive and dirty and the staff where ignorant and rude and the swimming pool was tiny(once the waterslide was open) and the changing room smelled terrible. There is a good market at the weekend and the prices where cheap. The beach was about 5 mins walk from the camp front gates. It is not for kids that wish to play in the sea. There are warnings about mud banks everywhere. The sand area is good and wide but a little dirty when we where there. The thing that ruined it for us mainly was the locals. My family are all fairly sociable and part of our holiday is to get a flavour of the people of what ever area we are in. We felt that the locals where angry and pushy so we never got to meet any of them. Which was a shame. I guess we where spoiled by our holiday last year to Highlands at Eype in Dorset where we had a great time and found the locals to be friendly and outgoing. I would go back to Unity again but only to use it as a base to see more of the area.

There you go Mr Moderator. Ive done my best to be objective and not defamed anybody.

Jan 19, 2008
Visit site
Well done Donald - the only part of your post I could think Haymarket could take exception to is -- "part of our holiday is to get a flavour of the people of what ever area we are in". In this PC world we live in they might construe it to frightening the children who read the posts ;O) hehheh!

I'm told us Herefordians have a rich tangy flavour of cider so if you are partial to cider please let me know if you are visiting our county Donald so I can book a site elsewhere in the country. ;O)

Jul 16, 2006
Visit site
Well done Donald - the only part of your post I could think Haymarket could take exception to is -- "part of our holiday is to get a flavour of the people of what ever area we are in". In this PC world we live in they might construe it to frightening the children who read the posts ;O) hehheh!

I'm told us Herefordians have a rich tangy flavour of cider so if you are partial to cider please let me know if you are visiting our county Donald so I can book a site elsewhere in the country. ;O)
Sorry your Lordship but we dont do canablism unless the children are well roasted and tender. One of my best mates in the army was from Hereford and Ive always found Herefordians(?) to be nice people. Instead of leaving the county, why not hang around and meet me. then you will see what a calm and reasonable chat I realy am.

Don

TRENDING THREADS