Fuse Location

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Hi. Let’s just say I did a silly thing earlier in the year and blew a load of fuses! I have found and replaced all of the fuses I blew apart from one which I can’t find. I thought there must be another fuse somewhere as the fridge light and ignition don’t work anymore and now that I have found the wiring diagram I can see that there is a 10A fuse for this. It isn’t with all the other fuses so I’m wondering if anyone knows where it is? My caravan is an Ace Jubilee Globetrotter 2004. Thanks for your help.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
This might sound double Dutch but have a look behind the fuse box towards where your battery is , there should be one more single fuse by itself I don't really know your caravan but someone else my come on explain it better than me .

Hope this may help ?!
P.s , how did you blow a load of fuses ?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If I read Craig's reply correctly he is pointing you to the mains supply fuse from the battery. Clearly this cant be at fault if other 12V items are working.

If its just the fridge and its igniter, then it will be fuse specifically for that product. It may be a Fuse on the fridges circuit board.

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Looking at the Ace wiring diagram two black wires from the fridge lead to a 9 way connector which turn links to your mains power consumer unit. There are no in line fuses shown. The two 12v wires are black and then red/orange. Couldn’t see an Earth?
Have you accidentally disturbed the 9 way connector wires?
Not sure what fridge model you have. My mains feed is via a standard three pin plug into a purpose built socket. That said the igniter is 12 volts as is the light which does run off the battery. If I switch off the 12 v master switch the light will still stay on unless Inswitch the fridge off with its own control knob. Sorry can’t think of anything else at the moment

May 21, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for replies everyone. On the wiring diagram just above the fridge is a box with FRIDGE IGN + LIGHT written in it. If I follow the line on the left it leads to a 10 Amp fuse which it shares with the aerial amplifier and 12v & aerial socket which I don’t use (so I guess also won’t work). This is the 10 amp fuse I am trying to locate. Now I have noticed what it shares the fuse with I will have a look around the wiring for the aerial. I just can’t work out why this fuse isn’t with the others.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
DoggyBbear said:
I thought the hot water heat heater wasn’t working so I joined two wires together that had different connectors on.

This seems a very random comment, and I can't understand it's relevance to the thread?

Please bear in mind we cant actually see what your are talking about, so clear descriptions are essential, or photos with descriptions.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
ProfJohnL said:
DoggyBbear said:
I thought the hot water heat heater wasn’t working so I joined two wires together that had different connectors on.

This seems a very random comment, and I can't understand it's relevance to the thread?

Please bear in mind we cant actually see what your aruue talking about, so clear descriptions are essential, or photos with descriptions.

The OP is replying to an earlier question that asked what had happened to cause the power supply problem.

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
otherclive said:
ProfJohnL said:
DoggyBbear said:

Please bear in mind we cant actually see what your aruue talking about, so clear descriptions are essential, or photos with descriptions.

The OP is replying to an earlier question that asked what had happened to cause the power supply problem.

Correct , i asked what he had done to blow so many fuses !

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
DoggyBbear said:
Thank you for replies everyone. On the wiring diagram just above the fridge is a box with FRIDGE IGN + LIGHT written in it. If I follow the line on the left it leads to a 10 Amp fuse which it shares with the aerial amplifier and 12v & aerial socket which I don’t use (so I guess also won’t work). This is the 10 amp fuse I am trying to locate. Now I have noticed what it shares the fuse with I will have a look around the wiring for the aerial. I just can’t work out why this fuse isn’t with the others.
Yes. I’ve found the correct diagram.
Well looking at the diagram I see the 10 amp fuse. I agree test the aerial amplifier. There is a small red indicator light which shows if it is live. The fuse itself seems a mystery? Sadly I’ve not had your model. Just in case the obvious is missing,are you sure this fuse isn’t on or near the master fuse box?

May 21, 2017
Visit site
I will have another look near the other fuses. Looking behind the draw at the back of draw just next to the fridge and under the aerial, I can see see the cables but I can’t work out how to get the draw out to follow the cables backwards.

Jun 26, 2017
Visit site
I helped someone resolve an issue with an Ace caravan of a similar age to yours last year in Anglesey. I also struggled to find a blown fuse until I discovered an additional fuse box. I seem to remember it was either inside the wardrobe, or perhaps even under the wardrobe. It only springs to mind because I remember wrestling with a wardrobe full of clothes !

On theirs, the wardrobe was to the right of the heater if I remember correctly.

Hope this helps ?

Ic.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts