Gas BBQ Suggestions

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Hi all

I have done the charcoal thing for years and love it but I fancy a change to gas to try out different cooking styles, can anyone recommend a good portable gas bbq, that easy to store. looked at Weber and Cadac, am I missing any, your thoughts greatly appreciated?

cheers

Brian

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Brian

Yes dead wright you get what you pay for. I found the average to good grill with lava rock at best lasted 2 years. So last year I got a small cadac ie the one the legs fold away and it all goes into a small bag, great bit of kit though it did need a bit of sorting out on day one, but now its the first item in the van well not quite the booze is first.

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Brian

Have a look at Beauclaire not cheep but great to use if you are at nec they normaly have a stand, they also have a web site. www.Beauclaire.co.uk. They now do a lightweight grill for traveling.

Happy cooking

Jim M

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Brian

have a look at www.riverswayleisure.co.uk you might find cheaper at your local caravan shop but this site was good and quick. good cooking or will you like me be makeing your usual burnt offering to the gods

David

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I didn't think you were allowed to buy 3 metres of gas pipe !?

Cadacs are brilliant for cooking outdoors but are they really a BBQ ?

May 25, 2005
Visit site
You are allowed to buy any length of gas pipe you like. Whether it is legal for use is another thing. When we went bought a gas b-b-q we were told that we could only legally use a 1.5m length of pipe when connected to the outside supply on modern caravans.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi I recommened a cadac, I have the full system, it brill, i cook bbq, griddle meat on the griddle pan , a full english on the other side,and on the wok i do curry, spag bowl,stew. but it is quite heavy but does pack up nice.

Jan 6, 2006
Visit site
Hi Brian

Try this link http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/3455250.htm

It's a Firenze Portable Gas BBQ we got one from homebase last year put a bbq point adaptor on it and really gave it some hammer.All the surfaces are none stick so it's easy to clean and it all fits in to it own storage bag.It has the normal grill and you can slide the hot plates over to fry your bacon and eggs, not quite a Cadac, but it's a good deal cheaper.

It is however quite bulky and only stands about 18 inches high, might be worth considering though.

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
You are allowed to buy any length of gas pipe you like. Whether it is legal for use is another thing. When we went bought a gas b-b-q we were told that we could only legally use a 1.5m length of pipe when connected to the outside supply on modern caravans.
Anne

One thing I have learnt in life is that what you are aloud to do and what you do are two totaly different things. I have 3 mtrs of gas pipe because I did not want my

Feb 13, 2006
Visit site
Bit the bullet and bought the all singing and dancing cadac. Should be here this week sometime. I hit very lucky I bought from Riverway Lesiure in a round about way via their ebay shop, brand new for

Jan 1, 2006
Visit site
Brian

Well done you have a great bit of kit. try it as it is and you will soon forget about lava rock, spend your money on keeping your thirst on check. have fun and give the burnt offering gods my regards as you make offerings to them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts