Gas Locker Lid

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Hi All,

Anyone had any experience of the gas locker lid on a Lunar not lifting above the horizontal?

I have arthritis of the spine and I am finding it increasingly difficult to lift my gas bottles in the the front locker. Any modification to either:

a) lift the lid off altogether?

b) Adjust to a drop down lid?

c) Lift the lid vertically with a longer central stay?

Would prefer the easiest method possible as I'm off for a week next week,

Thanks in appreciation for any answers,

Pop

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Im not to conversant with the gas locker on your caravan but i would think the easy way would be a longer central stay.

If your gas locker will take the new 12kg BP gas, light weight cylender then that could be the answer to your problem . I understand that BP will be introducig a 6kg cylender in the future. One way you could try is to fit a gauge to your cylender and when it is low exchange your near empty one for a full one ,most retailers would be happy to change it for you.

Coljac

Jul 25, 2005
Visit site
Thanks for your ideas coljac. The new gas bottle from BP could be the answer to my prayers? 6kg bottles would be easier to handle and if I can find a longer stay that would also get me out of trouble.

Thanks once again, Pop.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Coljac, the new BP Gaslight bottles are in fact 10kg available now, and I think, 5kg available soon. I have just fitted a 10Kg with a Truma 27mm adaptor (and Butane pigtail) but I did find the bottle only just fitted into my gas locker,, the problem being the height, its a tight squeeze.

Good luck Pop, the new bottle is definatly lighter.

Aug 28, 2005
Visit site
Hi Trvor i was thinking of buying the 10kg bp gas light ,i dont know what gas set up you have in your front locker . we have the Truma automatic change over system with 2 pigtails for 2 cylinders in our Senator Indiana ,i intend to do away with 1 pigtail and just use the 10 Kg cylinder ,what i would like to know is does the adaptor fit butane or propane pigtails

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
For any one who is interested the new BP propane cylenders are

Height=587mm

Diameter=305mm

Weight full=16.7kg

Weight empty=6.7kg

Coljac

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts