Gas Storage

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hello. Only a memeber for one week and already 2 posts! My father has decided that he no longer wants his static caravan, so I am taking it over (great news). I am new to ownership, so I am a little unsure of teh dos and don'ts . The park owner has told me I need to clear up the gas cyclinders outside the van, by buying a special gas bottle storage unit. Is this normal??? A lot of the other vans have now started to get them (I never noticed before). Wood is not allowed, they have to be metal. Has anybody else had to do this???

Thanks

Jul 30, 2007
Visit site
Hi Marshmellow39.

I dont want to put a "dampner"on your new venture,but one of the reasons we sold ours at a top site in Brean,was the ever increasing site fees and "new conditions"being introduced on a regular basis.

Like you,we were told we had to begin storing our gas bottles in a special metal container(available exclusivly from the site owners).

Old,rickety sheds had to be replaced,old fencing to be replaced with new and painted with a choice of certain colours.

It was money money money all the time.

Hope i havent put you off and you enjoy your new static.

Adrian

Feb 3, 2006
Visit site
I guess to remain a top site they have to make sure everything looks good. Making you buy through the site might not only be profitable to the owners but it maintains uniformity and standard.

Just my opinion. Personally I have no wish to own a static but I can see why there is an appeal to some.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It does not matter what others on different, or even the same site, are doing regarding gas storage.

If your park owner has stipulated a particular storage method, then you have to comply, or sell the van.

Park owners can impose ANY rules they want to.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
It is also good practice to have a secure gas bottle storage system. It not only make them more difficult to steal, but it also provides them with additional support to prevent them from falling or being knocked over.

Similar storage facilities are a requirement on factory sites.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts