Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If gassing does go in europe or any other form of danger on aires, is your life worth the price of a stopover on a campsite or your childrens. If you spend all that money on an holiday what is £15-20.00 in the equation.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Gassing seems to be something of an urban myth. I have no doubt that robberies happen when people foolishly decide to stay on an Aire rather than seek a proper campsite. On another forun last year there was an interesting discussion on the subject of gassing. The conclusion was that any gas likely to be introduced into a van or camper was that if the gas fridge was on the introduction of the gas would cause an explosion or would likely kill the occupants!

David

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I don't think it's a question of savinbg a few euros, at least that certainly wasn't the reason we slept on a motorway aire. We were heading South for the good weather in September. We were keen to get to the South coast as quickly as possible and were reluctant to lose a few hours by having to find a site off he motorway. It definitely wasn't worth the time saving as we lost a day reporting the fact that we were robbed while we slept to the police. We lost a further five days waiting for replacement phone and money from the UK. So I agree with you Marie, it just isn't worth leeping on the aires, whatever the reason.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts