Genuine customer service from a cardealer -amazing

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Hi all, i know its not specifically about caravan, more the tug - but so shocked was i last week, i have to share this!

Its not very often I publicly give praise to any one, never let a lone, a car dealer (that are usually renowned for fleecing as much as they can from their customers!) I have however, felt compelled to share this experience!

As some of you know, I bought a used Jaguar XF earlier this year to Tow.. I took it back to dealer last week to get a ‘nocking noise’ looked at on the backend.

I sat in their business area drinking espresso, using their free Wi-Fi to work whilst they inspected it. A couple of hours later they came back and said, “we have found the fault, its the rear arm so we have ordered you a new one – we will book you in next week to get it repaired.”.

Great I thought, as its under warranty.

Then the conversation continued…. “We also spotted a lip in the break discs and this could also be causing part of your problems, and they need replacing…. and ideally you need the pads changing with the discs.”

(OK I think to my self, now’s the part where the personal costs are going stack up..)

“And we also noticed your front tyres are pretty low”….

(at this point I am waiting for that piece of paper with a large estimate to be presenting and the usual question of, do you want us to fix it whilst its on the ramp?………)

OK, I replied, expectably………

As you haven’t had the car very long, and we want our used car customers to have the same experience as someone buying new, we changed them all for you….. and valeted the car as well for you ……… here are your keys, its outside ready!

That you very much Listers Jaguar !!

At least someone is standing by what they say in terms of customer experience! They certainly surpassed themselves.

So here is the question, are they being exceptional, or is it the fact they are doing what they should be, and everyone else I have dealt with previously from other garages are just very much below par!?

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
I wouldn't have believed them and would have asked to see the old parts they took off ;) ;) :whistle:

Actually nice to hear of some good news for a change, of course they want you to by new next time and not second hand but a really nice gesture all the same. Well done dealers.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I'm very pleased that you feel you have had exceptional service. It is very unusual to hear this sort of thing, and that is what in my mind makes it exceptional. BUT (I know, I'm sorry but looking at it in the cold light of day...) it all depends on exactly how long you have had the car and how much it's been used!!

If it's less than 6 months (a critical point in the terms of the CRA) and it has not been used excessively, that is exactly what you should be receiving as standard. Basically for the first 6 months after the point of sale, the retailer is automatically responsible for any part of the product you have purchased if it fails and has only received normal usage. For example a second hand car which must be sold with a valid MOT, if it has no advisories on it about wear items like tyres or brakes it should last a whole year of normal motoring. So if wear is beginning to compromise them at 6 months, the product may be failing the "of merchantable quality" and "durability" clauses in the CRA.

If it's more than 6 months then yes it's above and beyond their minimum legal requirements.

Interesting , isn't it?

But none the less they do deserve credit for not trying to rip you off.

Feb 28, 2017
Visit site
Those are very good points.

It's pretty sad really that we have to come accept that these type of business flaut the rules in the hope to get away with it as most people either won't question it or don't have the knowledge to question it.

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Wow, that is good service. If only mote dealers were like it.

I think I shared my experience with the Vauxhall dealer following some issues with their customer service that resulted in them doing this years service free of charge and saving me £500

It's all about telling them what you expect as a customer and where they don't meet expectation.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts