Geordie Caravaner

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi.

Wow, what do you say here?

I am 6 foot tall, blonde hair and . . . oh sorry, thats my lonely heart ad!

We (that would be my wife, daughter(4yrs) and I) have only been touring for about 18 months now and we absolutely love it. We cant get away enough!

If you read any of my posts and you think I have babbled on tooooo much, please let me know!!

Anyway, back to my ad. . .

I have a GSOH, my own mobile penthouse and a great taste in . . .

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Hi BaileyBazz. Good to hear from a fellow Geordie! We r from Whitley Bay and also have a Bailey - assuming from your name that u do! (just bought it, haven't used it yet but can't wait..ten days to go!) We also have a 4 year old who is now caravan obsessed and made a model this morning at toddler group of 'a caravan with it's corner steadies down'. I'm constantly amazed by what they pick up when they think you're not listening! Even my 22 month old can say 'caravan'! That's obviously the genius geordie in them...

Good to hear from u

Angel

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Howdee fellow Geordie ! !

I even bought my first ever pair of crocks at the weekend! I made them 'manly' by adding some Batman widgetythings !

Mar 22, 2008
Visit site
Hi BaileyBazz,

It must be something about Baileys and the North East, we're from Durham and we're onto our second Bailey, a Senator Wyoming, and love it!!

Happy Caravanning, Lara & Ken.

Apr 6, 2008
Visit site
Funny u should mention crocs, my hubby fancies some, as does his mate, but neither have been brave enough to buy them! I'll pass on your recommendation (think he'll def be sold on the batman thingy!). Just tell me they're not as pink as my daughter's..............

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Oh! The crocs are black, definately black. If they were pink my daughter would have nabbed them, she is you typical girl. Everything has to be pink. The main reason I got them was for using the showers on the sites, but I think i have been a closet crocker for a while!!

Its nice to hear from some fellow Geordies!!!

TTFN

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
If you will forgive a southerner getting in on the thread - welcome aboard and gan canny. I spent some happy years in and around Cambois and Bedlington and still have my club card for Netherton. Some of the best years of my life mainly due to the fine folk aided by great countryside and some not bad beer.

May 22, 2008
Visit site
Ooooh, i dunno like aboot letin a suthana post in this thread. Wadduya think like? Mmmmm. . . . .

I get a headache trying to understand the stark difference between the geordie twang and the Ashington twang. For all they are only aboot ten mile apart, there are some canny differences!

I'm off ti 'ave a nice cup o' char noo!!

nightee night

Feb 9, 2008
Visit site
Wel hello - another suthana and fellow 'croc-er' postin this thread!

Actually, I'm the southerner - I'm Fran by the way, but my partner is Peter - a Jarra lad, so me thinks we are able to post here!

We have just invested in a Bailey Ranger and travel back to 'Gods country' whenever we are able (we live in Kent due to work commitments) Spent the February half term just outside Durham - had a canny time although the weather was freezing - but we love it!

Look forward to chatting to you

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
Welcome to the forum.

Suppose we're southerners to you up in Geordieland as we're in Sheffield but Rob's a dedicated toon army fan - don't ask, something to do with a black and white scarf when he was at infant school!

Love your part of the country, have only been caravanning since October and had 2 of our 4 outings in the North East. First one to Durham then Berwick after collecting our Geist in Gateshead then to Alnwick at Easter. That was certainly an experience as we towed up the A1 in strong winds and through snow storms! Good experience though as nothing phases us now! The beaches on the North East coast are as good as any in Cornwall and far less crowded. Think we'll do a pilgramage every year!

With you on the crocs thing but persuading Rob that they're an essential piece of kit is taking some doing!

Claire & Rob

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts