Germany/Holland Small Sites?

Oct 15, 2006
Visit site
We fancy taking a trip to Germany and Holland next year but are struggling finding any suitable sites. In the UK, we usually use use CL's or small adult only parks - do these type of sites exist over there and if so, where can I find details? Can't seem to find anything on the internet at all.

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
CL type sites are virtually unknown on the Continent. The best you can do is to pick small, family-owned sites which don't boast a lot of facilities. I usually select sites with less than 100 pitches, located some distance from the usual tourist spots. Living in Germany, I may be able to help you if you send me an email to my address.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Guy

We stayed as several small sites in Holland this year, they are known as Mini Camping. They are usually in rural areas on outskirts of cities on small holdings or small farms.They are a bit more sophisticated than a CL with washroom,showers and electricity.They usually take 10 to 15 vans and some have hard standings.The most I paid per night including electricity was 15 euros.Sites were all clean and well cared for and some had small shops attached to purchase local produce.If you look in the Caravan Club European Sites book vol 2 you will find many in the Netherlands section.

Clive S

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts