Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Planning next years holiday and thinking of going to Germany, visit a few old haunts. In July intend to spend a week in the north around Hildesheim and then travel south to go to Bavaria etc, maybe visit the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang castle etc.

Any recommendations for sites or other things to visit would be appreciated. Never taken the van to Germany before anything I should be aware of.

Thanks in advance

Al P

Mar 14, 2005
lutzschelisch.wix.com
I don't know how good your German is but the ADAC Auto Club has quite a good and reliable campsite guide on the web: http://accf.dialogmediencenter.de/acfwebcd/servlet/DataServlet Actually it covers the whole of Europe but, of course, it does feature Germany. If you've caravanned on the Continent before, there's nothing special to watch out for in Germany. The speed limit is 80kph and some stretches of Autobahn have a no-overtaking restriction for caravans but these are quite well signposted.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Al - in Bavaria, Campingplatz Hopfensee near Fussen (a lovely town) is a superb site, and only a few miles from the royal castles and the Tegelberg cable car. We were there in late May. You'd probably need to book for July. There are other sites around Fussen; see CC handbook

Cheers, Graham

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Bavaria has much to offer the caravanner. We have a couple of holidays in the "kingdom". Garmisch Partenkirchen (GP) is an excellent base as is Mittenwald. There are a couple of campsites in the area, I would only use the "Campingplatz Zugspitze" caravan and camping site in GP as as overnight stop, but there is a truly excellent site "Alpen-Caravanpark Tennsee 5 miles North of Mittenwald on main GP to Innsbruck road. It has everything including an excellent on site restaurant.

TRENDING THREADS