Getting away at last

Nov 16, 2015
Visit site
Last Sunday at last, we had no hospital or dental appointments, tried a few places to book for a few days away, and eventually got 3 nights into Houghton Mills. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/waterclose-meadows-caravans-campervans-and-motorhomes
So collected the van on Saturday, put new batteries into the TyrePal sensors, checked it all out everything working, loaded it up on the Sunday Morning, everything good, found homes for everything, as had to reconfigure the car space due to having Mrs H's Mobility Chariot.
Hooked up and off we go about an hours run. Towing nice, mostly dual carrigeways . Got about 20 minutes from home, dull thought emerging, over the top of the CD of "Round the Horn", where did I stow the EHU cable ? Stopped at the next layby, checked the car and van, realised it is next to my motor bike at home. ******. So twenty minutes home only to follow my neighbour down the cul de sac with his caravan. So after lots of reversing, didn't have to unhook thankfully, collected the cable and off we went. Due to getting on site late, managed to get the pitch furthest from the waste water. But in this heat it was evaporating, quicker than filling the waste hog. Dusty Dog knows what I mean. Leaky cap!!!
But all in all it was great to eventually get away. Another week before we can get away again.
Oh yes we could only go away for the 3 night as the dog had to have his teath cleaned today, ended up 4 extractions, £843.16 poor little lad has only 23 teeth left,
Dentures for dogs £2000. Plus steradent, liver flavour.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Last Sunday at last, we had no hospital or dental appointments, tried a few places to book for a few days away, and eventually got 3 nights into Houghton Mills. https://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/features/waterclose-meadows-caravans-campervans-and-motorhomes
So collected the van on Saturday, put new batteries into the TyrePal sensors, checked it all out everything working, loaded it up on the Sunday Morning, everything good, found homes for everything, as had to reconfigure the car space due to having Mrs H's Mobility Chariot.
Hooked up and off we go about an hours run. Towing nice, mostly dual carrigeways . Got about 20 minutes from home, dull thought emerging, over the top of the CD of "Round the Horn", where did I stow the EHU cable ? Stopped at the next layby, checked the car and van, realised it is next to my motor bike at home. ******. So twenty minutes home only to follow my neighbour down the cul de sac with his caravan. So after lots of reversing, didn't have to unhook thankfully, collected the cable and off we went. Due to getting on site late, managed to get the pitch furthest from the waste water. But in this heat it was evaporating, quicker than filling the waste hog. Dusty Dog knows what I mean. Leaky cap!!!
But all in all it was great to eventually get away. Another week before we can get away again.
Oh yes we could only go away for the 3 night as the dog had to have his teath cleaned today, ended up 4 extractions, £843.16 poor little lad has only 23 teeth left,
Dentures for dogs £2000. Plus steradent, liver flavour.
With you on the appointments but when you eventually get away it means so much more and the enjoyment is immense.
we escaped this time last week for 3 nights and had to return for an appointment, cant book any thing else at the moment as waiting for further appointment/tests this month.
We too were furthest away from the water/waste but it felt like we were in our own little heaven, I fixed my leaky cap after the first day, the guilt set in!!!
Hutch do what you can when you can, I'm hoping for a full week in September if all goes well then up in October for a drink or three with you Woosie drunks up there in Yorkshire.
Buckfast Abbey here I come!! (Woosie's will know what I mean ha ha)

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We leave the hook up cable in the caravan so it is one of the few things we have not forgotten. Worst was the keys were missing when we got to the storage but at least it prevented us setting off and the site is only a couple of miles away.
Dentists are difficult here and I need to wait until November to get work done as they ae that busy. What I did see is that they have covered the sign saying new patients welcome.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts