Getting excited now ...

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
... the clock is ticking down to our first outing in 2013. We are off to Broadway in Evesham, where we spent our very first weekend in our caravan last year (but my oh my was the weather warmer this time last year!). This year, my parents will be joining us in their campervan, well that is if their new windscreen is fitted in time as my poor Dad just noticed there is a great big crack right across the windscreen of his Renault Traffic! A quick call to insurance company and they are out tomorrow morning to fit a new screen. Personally I think my Dad took a hammer to the screen in the dead of night so that he wouldn't have to look at my Mum in her new leopard print onesie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh what a wicked daughter I am. I did offer for them to stay in our van with us, should theirs not be repaired in time, so I can't be that bad
smiley-sealed.gif
can I?
Anyway, tonight we are stocking up the van and making sure everything is ship shape and we shall be giving our new porch awning an airing this weekend. We are off for six nights this side of the Easter Bank Holidays, again with my parents, but will be taking our large NR Awning as we will all be eating under our 'roof'. Fingers crossed that it's not too cold or too wet eh?
smiley-smile.gif

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Hi, I love that count down feeling and excitement leading up to a trip away

Use our van as much as possible, but miss it terribly when we put it back in storage and leave for home & work.

Have a great break and enjoy

Cheers
John

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hi John, I bet you do miss it when it's put into storage. Ours is on our drive but not sure if that's worse as it's sat there mocking us throughout the 4 months that we're not brave enough to venture out in it!!! Perhaps one day we will use it in December, Jan or Feb ... watch this space! When is your first outing?

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
Our van has been out of use since the week before Christmas, probably the longest period since we bought it many years ago.
This has mainly been due to poor health, but as we're now "on the up", we're off on Sunday, just for a couple of days "shakedown", to make sure all is OK for the BIG ONE on April 7th, when we won't be back home until July 20th.
So yes, Lisa, for the first time in many years, we too are getting a little excited about going!
It's been a long, long lay-off.

Jun 20, 2008
Visit site
Weve had our first outing of the year, it usually co insides with the kids February half term break, however this year we really took a big plunge to start the season.
At the manchester show in January we took a huge decision to buy a new van, we were lucky enough to collect it on the 9th of feb and then one week later for its maiden outing it got towed from liverpool to Belgium for the half term. A trip we had planned last year to aid my daughters history exam re ww1. But we didnt envisage the journey with a 1 week old van lol
As it happens everything went really well and a great time had by all, now just trying to gets shifts to coinside with the better half so we can escape again, lol
Have a great time
Cheers john

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
soldlisa04 said:
... the clock is ticking down to our first outing in 2013. We are off to Broadway in Evesham, where we spent our very first weekend in our caravan last year (but my oh my was the weather warmer this time last year!). This year, my parents will be joining us in their campervan, well that is if their new windscreen is fitted in time as my poor Dad just noticed there is a great big crack right across the windscreen of his Renault Traffic! A quick call to insurance company and they are out tomorrow morning to fit a new screen. Personally I think my Dad took a hammer to the screen in the dead of night so that he wouldn't have to look at my Mum in her new leopard print onesie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh what a wicked daughter I am. I did offer for them to stay in our van with us, should theirs not be repaired in time, so I can't be that bad
smiley-sealed.gif
can I?
Anyway, tonight we are stocking up the van and making sure everything is ship shape and we shall be giving our new porch awning an airing this weekend. We are off for six nights this side of the Easter Bank Holidays, again with my parents, but will be taking our large NR Awning as we will all be eating under our 'roof'. Fingers crossed that it's not too cold or too wet eh?
smiley-smile.gif

Broadway is a lovely place, stayed at Evesham many times, envious!

Getting excited myself, new van on 23rd first trip away at Easter.

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Hi Lisa we are on our first one at easter you should see the OH like a kid in a chocolate factory she wants to start loading the van this Saturday, but it has to have it's major spruce up inside and out first,(which I do) only problem is I have to pluck up the courage and tell her I have to work this Saturday, wish me luck
smiley-undecided.gif

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh dear Kev ... I don't envy you that one! I am on the side of your OH, having completely got the inside of the van ready during our Feb half term which was a week earlier than most other counties, the van was immaculate until my OH got in there and started putting things all over the place. Until last night I think there were more leaves and gravel inside than were on our drive. Luckily OH saw my murderous looks and tidied and cleaned up and once the weekends clothes go in tonight ... we're literally ready for the off at 4.00pm Friday!

Starlight ... you were very brave to tow a week old van to Belgium ... we are talking about France or Spain, but not for a couple of years but really fancy getting away to somewhere hot with guaranteed sunshine. Glad others on here 'get that feeling too' ... Broadway will always be special to us as it's the first place we ever stayed and it means a lot to us.

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ClassikFan said:

Hello Classic Fan, congratulations on getting a new caravan and welcome to the forum
smiley-laughing.gif

Spill the beans then, what caravan are you having and where are you going at Easter?

Enjoy your return trip to Broadway Lisa, I hope that the weather warms up for you
smiley-smile.gif

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
ClassikFan said:

Just about to be ruined by a Leopard print onesie
smiley-wink.gif
If a onesie was involved I wouldn't bother with a hammer I just wouldn't be going
smiley-tongue-out.gif

May 7, 2012
Visit site
We have booked two sites for next week and the one after but weather looks like putting a damper on it but can't wait. Good news was the caravan was serviced last weeek and no damp found or anything else for that matter, checking on if it is ready is the most stressful bit of caravaning.

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Parksy said:
ClassikFan said:
Hello Classic Fan, congratulations on getting a new caravan and welcome to the forum
smiley-laughing.gif

Spill the beans then, what caravan are you having and where are you going at Easter?
Hi, sorry haven't posted before but have been lurking for a while!
Bought a Elddis Mayfield 564 from Sussex Caravans, its a special edition Avante and we have specified the Affinity upholstery so I am expecting it to look really good inside. This will be our 2nd van, first brand new one. Been waiting 4 months by the time next saturday arrives, can't wait!
First trip will be to a site we like in Liphook, only 50 mins away from home but perfect for a "shakedown" of the new caravan.

Stuart

Mel

Mar 17, 2007
Visit site
Just love the pre-outing feeling of anticipation.
smiley-smile.gif
. We went last weekend; to Eye Kettleby Lakes. Weather was cold and foggy. Van toasty. Our youngest daughter looked after foster son so that me and OH got a weekend of just us. Bliss.
Off to Drayton manor with foster son and grandson in easter hols.
mel

Dec 30, 2013
Visit site
My dad lives a mile from Eye kettleby, and we'd hoped to go there but they became Adults only! Hope you enjoyed Melton.
Huge anticipation in this Woosies house - the 'van comes out of storage tomorrw, followed by a trip to Bath Racecourse caravan show this Sunday. Clean up ops commencfe tommorow, and we're off to lovely Broadhembury in Kent on the 27th...can't wait, ooooooooooooooooh...

Parksy

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
ClassikFan said:
Parksy said:
ClassikFan said:
smiley-laughing.gif

Hi, sorry haven't posted before but have been lurking for a while!
Bought a Elddis Mayfield 564 from Sussex Caravans, its a special edition Avante and we have specified the Affinity upholstery so I am expecting it to look really good inside. This will be our 2nd van, first brand new one. Been waiting 4 months by the time next saturday arrives, can't wait!
First trip will be to a site we like in Liphook, only 50 mins away from home but perfect for a "shakedown" of the new caravan.

Stuart
Nice one Stewart, let us know how you get on
smiley-laughing.gif

Mel said:
Just love the pre-outing feeling of anticipation.
smiley-smile.gif
We went last weekend; to Eye Kettleby Lakes. Weather was cold and
foggy. Van toasty. Our youngest daughter looked after foster son so
that me and OH got a weekend of just us. Bliss.
Off to Drayton manor with foster son and grandson in easter hols.
mel

crazyguider said:
My dad lives a mile from Eye kettleby, and we'd hoped to go there but they became Adults only! Hope you enjoyed Melton.
Huge
anticipation in this Woosies house - the 'van comes out of storage
tomorrw, followed by a trip to Bath Racecourse caravan show this Sunday.
Clean up ops commencfe tommorow, and we're off to lovely Broadhembury
in Kent on the 27th...can't wait, ooooooooooooooooh...
I'm jealous
smiley-smile.gif

Our first trip with the caravan this year won't be until the Easter weekend when we visit the Peak District. Only a fortnight to go.

Oct 17, 2010
Visit site
crazyguider said:
Huge anticipation in this Woosies house - the 'van comes out of storage tomorrw, followed by a trip to Bath Racecourse caravan show this Sunday. Clean up ops commencfe tommorow, and we're off to lovely Broadhembury in Kent on the 27th...can't wait, ooooooooooooooooh...
We are off tomorrow morning to Seadown Park in Charmouth Dorset, everything pack in car, except me the HO and daughter, in a static though, more room, leaving van on drive, only two birth van.
HI Crazyguider
I live on the Kirby Lane Estate, that's about a mile from Eye Kettleby Lakes, if I take the Public footpath that runs through the field at back of my house, runs almost as the crow flies, and up to the site, is dad any were near me?

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
We are off two weeks today to Filey brigg for a week :) giving the van a clean this weekend loading it up next thursday, just love coming home from work and hitching up. Hoepfully the weather will be hot.

Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
AbbeyOwner said:
We are off two weeks today to Filey brigg for a week :) giving the van a clean this weekend loading it up next thursday, just love coming home from work and hitching up. Hoepfully the weather will be hot.
good luck mate, it's our favorite local coast desination close to all the coastal towns without the hassle, we were there this time last year and it was 22 degrees, had a great week,
BTW, are you going onto the cliff top park, if so try to get up the top end, cos if it happens to be a bit wet the bottom end gets boggy and it a fair way to the service road, personally I prefer the small CL site just as you go into Filey but you don't get the sea view, (or the wind). have a great time I'm a bit jealous as I can't get there untill the end of may just too busy,
roll on retirement 61weeks to go and counting then the van will really get some use, most of it I suspect at Filey.

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
colin-yorkshire said:
AbbeyOwner said:
good luck mate, it's our favorite local coast desination close to all the coastal towns without the hassle, we were there this time last year and it was 22 degrees, had a great week,
BTW, are you going onto the cliff top park, if so try to get up the top end, cos if it happens to be a bit wet the bottom end gets boggy and it a fair way to the service road, personally I prefer the small CL site just as you go into Filey but you don't get the sea view, (or the wind). have a great time I'm a bit jealous as I can't get there untill the end of may just too busy,
roll on retirement 61weeks to go and counting then the van will really get some use, most of it I suspect at Filey.
It was a scorcher last easter, We went with friends they had a lunar towed by a renault megan of course we had to pull them free because of the boggy ground. We normally pitch where The banking is on the front row with great view, We just go there because of the beaches and running the dogs :)

Feb 3, 2008
Visit site
Just got back from first trip of season - had a weekend at Chapel Lane CC site just off M42. Nice quiet site but the weather was wet and cold.

memo to OH - don't forget to take the bedding on the next trip after airing it in the house
smiley-cry.gif

memo to self - check the gas bottle has something in it, not just assume it is 1/4 full when it was virtually empty (full cylinder left in garden shed).
smiley-embarassed.gif

(If we weren't already members of the Woosie Club then the above would probably grant us admission)

We have verified that there is a problem with the electric space heater, it trips the circuit breaker between 5 and 10 minutes after switchon when set to 2kw and the thermostat at about 90%. You can reset the circuit breaker and have another 5 minutes or so warmth. No problem on 0.5kw or 1kw settings.
There is also weepage from the shower tap fitting, plus excess(?) condensation (?) on the nearside wheel arch in the cupboard. Can't see any signs of a leak, though. Previous caravan had carpet on the wheel arch, so it didn't get cold. The van is booked in for its first service end of June, two weeks after our next trip (one week at Much Wenlock CC site with no amenity block) so we hope any other problems can be found before the service.

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Hello all, I cannot reply to the new replies that you lovely lot have posted as my filter at the school where I work won't let me ... no doubt there is one stray word 'it' doesn't like and has blocked! I shall read at home and reply accordingly. Anyway, just an update on our first outing this year at Broadway ... our caravan and awning had an indoor swiming pool which came free with the pitch fees! It rained that much that the water decided to flow under our breathable awning carpet and pool up through the fabric so it made a paddling sound when we walked on certain areas of it! It was a good weekend to iron out little niggles, OH thought we had a problem with a very stiff new gas bottle but realised later in the day that the bottle had been left on so it was his fault anyway! Phew, saved us a journey returning the bottle to be exchanged. It rained almost constantly but stopped enough for us to get out and drive to Evesham where we got a parking ticket for parking slightly over the white line as the Saab parked next to us was well over his. At no point did it state not to do this so I shall be writing a stiffly worded letter to the Appeals panel. On the plus side, I bought a £70 winter coat for £15 and we had a laugh with my parents ... no Onesie though as Mum didn't bring it and then moaned she was cold all weekend! Parents - who'd have them! Roll on Newlands this Friday and pray that the rain holds off to get the big awning up. Can't wait
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts