Getting Insurance for Caravan

Aug 13, 2020
Visit site
I’m trying to get insurance for my caravan and because where I am storing my caravan it will not put on a wheel lock only a hitch lock, all the insurance companies will not insure the van I have tried. I have a wheel and Hitch lock and will use both when touring. Any advice re insurance companies???

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
I’m trying to get insurance for my caravan and because where I am storing my caravan it will not put on a wheel lock only a hitch lock, all the insurance companies will not insure the van I have tried. I have a wheel and Hitch lock and will use both when touring. Any advice re insurance companies???
Your storage site doesn’t allow wheel locks? I think you will just have to trawl through the insurers until you find one that accepts only a hitchlock. How about other owners who use that site who insures their caravans?

Reactions: Richard64
Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I’ve just taken out insurance for my recent acquisition and the best quote I could find by a fair amount of ££££’s was with CAMHC, I think that’s what the caravan club is now referred as isn’t it? I’ve also taken into account what people on here have previously said about them being easy to deal with in the event of a claim.

BP

Apr 20, 2009
Visit site
Strange one!! I'm lucky and can store my van at home so have not experienced this, if they allow a hitch lock and not a wheel lock , what is the reason for this decision?
If the reason they give is they may have to move it in an emergency how are they to do this with the hitch lock on? I would worry if this to be the case they would move it with the hitch lock on and damage the hitch it self.
I would try and find another storage site!!

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I doubt any insurer will accept a caravan without a wheel lock. If you are on a site that does not allow them, you could ask another owner what they do, but I find it difficult to believe they can get insurance.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts