Getting water to inboard water tank

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
WE have been fortunate to buy a lovely Adria Forma 1990-ish age caravan from our neighbours which is in great condition and is a step up from our old van.(got cassette loo, fridge etc)

It has a water pump to distribute water around the taps inside via the Water tank under the seat. That all works fine.

What we cant work out is what is the best way to get water from the container outside into the Water Tank under the seat. Our old van had a submersible Whale pump which was plumbed into the caravan water system and put into the Aquaroll and drew water up as required like most caravans I've seen.

This caravan just has a pipe to the outside with a lockable screw top on it. At the present time we are thinking we may have to take a funnel and just pour water in through the hole in the side, or if we are lucky enough to be close to a tap, use a length of hose to top up the water tank.

There has to be a easier way and Im sure you folks will be able to inform me.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
hi if you get a submersable pump, attach a lead to enable you to plug in to your 12volt sytem. then a pipe from the water out let to the water inlet for the tank. then pump water from the aquaroll into the tank i hope that is clear. regards peter

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Where possible, I pull alongside a tap when first arriving on site and fill with a hose.

Thereafter I use a 14 litre plastic watering can to top up.

The watering can is much lighter than an Aquaroll or similar.

Most tanks are around 40 litres, so only 3 trips to the tap when it's empty.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts