Going Alone

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
I have been caravanning now for almost 20 years,firsly with my children,and then with my nephew for the last 8 years,but now he is 19 he doesnt want to come now with uncle,so i guess its alone now or not at all,Just interested to see how many caravan on their own and how they enjoy it,,Edd

G

If you enjoy the hobby then stick with it. You may find joining a local association either through one of the main Clubs, or through your make of van could give you access to more people to meet up with. However, travelling and camping alone is certainly not a problem. I must admit that if it was me personally, I would probably swop the caravan for a smallish campervan, just to make life a bit easier.

Jan 2, 2006
Visit site
A while ago I was on the CC site at Sandringham and there that weekend was a 'rally' entirely of people on their own I regret I can't remember the name of the club but it was something like 'Good Companions' which seemed and ideal situation,maybe others will have contact details.Failing that if you contact ACCEO at Top Barn Farm,Holt ,Worcs they will I am sure be able to supply contact details.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi ,i saw a letter in the may edition of out & about it was from a gentleman of 81 who had been recently widowed . He at one time cosidered giving up his caravan ,but instead joined the loners group ,tel,[01472233089]. This club is for people who caravan alone and it provides ,in his words,[we all have the one common idea-to talk and generally have a good time .Now this guy is 81 but he is still enjoying his caravanning . Why not give it a try

Coljac

Feb 4, 2006
Visit site
I'm a solo caravanner. Still new to it and enjoying it very much. Have been away a few times and everyone seems very friendly and ready for a chat. Looking forwayd to many more trips away.

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
A while ago I was on the CC site at Sandringham and there that weekend was a 'rally' entirely of people on their own I regret I can't remember the name of the club but it was something like 'Good Companions' which seemed and ideal situation,maybe others will have contact details.Failing that if you contact ACCEO at Top Barn Farm,Holt ,Worcs they will I am sure be able to supply contact details.
Thanks Plotter for that number,Regards Ed

Oct 3, 2005
Visit site
Hi ,i saw a letter in the may edition of out & about it was from a gentleman of 81 who had been recently widowed . He at one time cosidered giving up his caravan ,but instead joined the loners group ,tel,[01472233089]. This club is for people who caravan alone and it provides ,in his words,[we all have the one common idea-to talk and generally have a good time .Now this guy is 81 but he is still enjoying his caravanning . Why not give it a try

Coljac
Thanks for the number will give it a go,

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts