Going to France - what TV equipment do I need

May 18, 2007
Visit site
We are off to France in August and was wondering what equipment I need to receive TV.I currently have a built in Freeview TV and a directional aerial.I am a bit confused as to what I need - i.e sat dish,receiver etc.

Anyone offer me some info.

Thanks

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Jonathan, you are going to need a sat reciever, dish and tripod. If you have satalite at home take your reciever so just need the dish and tripod. You will also need a satalite finder or satalite cumpas, these are cheap enough.

Give it a try in your garden a few times to get the set up working as if you leave it till your on site for the first go it could be a bit streefull. Its quite easy to do.

What I do is set the tv up and plug the reciever in screw the cable into the lnb and then into the reciever. Next I turn the tv to sky and press services on my handset, no.4 and then no.6 signal test. position the dish a bit further round to east than the satalite is and move towards south a bit at a time, the two bars at the top of the screen on your tv will start to move, try and get the top one up to about 3/4 and when you have that done move the dish up and down to move the quality line aim for at least 1/2. at this point you are pritty much done. press back up a few time and you should fint the tv searching for satalites. If it doesnt remove the plug from the socket and plug back in that should do it.

I dont use the tuning devise which make a noise and differnt tone when your locked into the satalite as I cant figer out how to use them, I just do as above and it works for me.

Make sure on the tv screen when finding the satalite the lock indicator states OK the network ID says 0002 ansd the transport stream says 07d4

If this does not help go to satalite for caravans on your pc this site is very good.

Kevin

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts