Good news on oil prices.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
With Brent crude below $36 a barrel and oil exporters slashing prices the benefits should filter through. Only last Saturday I filled up with Esso at 121.9 litre so as the latest price drops filter through we might see prices going below 120 litre. Oh our cars are both petrol. I can now afford to take the Subaru out more than once a week 👍

Jul 15, 2008
Visit site
........filled up with Diesel @ £1.15/litre in Caen France yesterday!
The French think their fuel prices warrant some serious protesting.

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Petrol at some supermarkets round here is£116.9 and diesel 118.9 although it can change very quickly. Bet it goes up though once the touring season starts.
Therer seems to be a lot of opposition to a tax rise from the chancellors own party so we will have to wait and see. The price drop is mainly down to the corona virus which has meant China and the aviation business are using far less oil leaving a glut but that should be short term only.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
Did I not read that there was talk of a 2p fuelprice rise in the coming budget

There’s not been an increase in fuel duty for eons. Yet in that time cars have become more fuel efficient and with the silly low rates for VED that reduced the money going into the Treasury by billions. How anyone can support zero VED or £30 VED yet still have cars using the roads beggars belief. VED has now started to change. But if a 2p per litre went on fuel and it funded health care, elderly care or education I for one wouldn’t grumble. Just use the Rio more than the XT.

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
But not such good news for farmers and anyone who uses red gasoil for plant and machinery as there is talk of taxing it at the same rate as normal diesel. ATM it is half price and if it does go to the same price this will have a knock on effect no doubt for consumers down the line.

Nov 11, 2009
Visit site
But not such good news for farmers and anyone who uses red gasoil for plant and machinery as there is talk of taxing it at the same rate as normal diesel. ATM it is half price and if it does go to the same price this will have a knock on effect no doubt for consumers down the line.
Perhaps bona fide users might get tax relief on their fuel use. But not canal or leisure boaters.

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
Apparently the Chancellor is also considering ending the freeze on fuel duty that we've had for the last 10 yrs . Suppose we will have to wait and see what happens mid week.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts