Good reasons to have a proper habitation service

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When we first had a motorhome we knew nothing about habitation services so never bothered. We then changed insurance and the policy required an annual gas check so we had one done at a local place but weren't impressed.
In the time between that service and buying our current van I had a recommendation, from an acquaintance, of a local MCEA engineer so have had the service done by him since and been fully satisfied (especially when he found signs of damp before it became a problem 2 years ago).
One thing many don't realise is that a habitation service doesn't include servicing the fridge and other appliances. Have a proper habitation service, though, and at least those items are checked to see if any work is needed. This year, for the first time ever, we were told that the fridge needed a new burner as it was starting to show signs of soot build up. I might have spotted it myself or (as we have seen with other people) might have had a holiday spoiled by problems whilst away.
Having the requirement identified (and fixed yesterday) before it became a problem means that we can look forward to our trips this year with confidence :)

Graham

gjh

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
The AWS Habitation Service Checklist, Here, specifies what is covered Nigel. As it mentions, the fridge is not serviced unless requested.

We feel it is well worth the annual cost to have everything checked by a company we can trust :)

Graham

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts