Good site in South Ireland

Oct 18, 2006
Visit site
We are looking to go to Ireland next year for the very first time. We are looking to go to southern Ireland in Co. Cork and there are so many sites but none seem to have any good websites with pictures and more information.

Does anyone know of a good site in the Cork area suitable for cycling, site seeing, and young children.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
We're also thinking of Ireland next summer along with pals of ours. Our hobbies are Guiness, Guiness and more Guiness!. Oh aye, and something for to keep the kids ammused would be handy!

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Kelly, you have made a wise choice. Southern Ireland is beautiful. We go as often as we can and love the South West. We base ourselves around Kilarney and radiate out from there. Do your homework first as there is so much to do and see it'll blow your mind. Take a peep at this website, click parks then the county on the map, its a great site for help, if you want any info on places to go let us know.

http://www.camping-ireland.ie/

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Gavin, sounds like you have had one to many already! two 'n's in Guinness, lol. The Guinness brewery in Dublin is a must, you get a free pint after the tour when you go up to the top floor and you can look out over the city. Don't forget the Jameson distillery, now you're talking, if you go on the Jameson tour, when the tour starts in the first room they will ask for four volunteers to do whisky tasting at the end, as soon as they ask for volunteers, get your mit up sharpish, PDQ you won't regret it. On one occasion we stopped on a site just outside Dublin, a bus ride away for three nights then went off to the south west, Bantry Bay, oh god, I wish I were there now. If I have got any spelling errors it's because I've had a few already lol hope you have a great time to all that are going. We are off again next year probably August, can't come quick enough.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chloe,

Haven't touched a drop all night, honest.

We went to Dublin last year for a long weekend with friends and it was fab! I wasn't feeling too great on the day we did the Guinness,(with 2 n's)factory, due to too much of the black stuff the night before. Didn't even finish my free pint!

We're thinking of Ireland next year,but somewhere a bit more rural, West coast perhaps. My biggest regret last time was not taking my bagpipes with me, so they'll be going with us next time.

Any advice on which ferry to take? We're in Inverness, so i think Cairnryan is the nearest,

cheers for now,

Gavin.

P.S, your not a school teacher, are you? lol

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gavin, Your choice of crossing to Larne is perfection, Inverness! my god you're a long way away. Depending on how much time you have you could stop off at Dublin again and finish that pint! shame on you for leaving it, she must have been worth it! lol. Don't forget to do the whisky tasting in Jameson if you decide to go there. You must be a good man if you're on the black stuff, I recently said to a friend of mine that's all I drink, the black stuff and the pratt said 'I alway's have milk in mine'lol. If you take your bagpipes with you the Irish will go stark staring bonkers, if you take them into one of their bars they are likely to fill you with the black stuff all night they will love it. If you go to Kilarney, there is so much to go and do and see, Crag Cave at Kilorglin, Kate Kiernies Cottage, Puck Fair, Rose of Tralee, Dingle (go out on a boat and see the Dolphin) Ring of Kerry, Ring of Beara, The mountains over to Glengariff and so the list goes on and on. Some of the attractions such as the Puck Fair or the Rose of Tralee are only at a particular time of the year. If you do decide to go have a great time, do your homework before you go as to all of the things to see and do and take your camera, lots of breathtaking scenery.

As to a school teacher god forbid, was married to one for fifteen years, that was fourteen and a half years to long lol. I'm one of those strange people that if I make a mistake I would like to know about it so I can put it right and hopefully don't make it again but it doesn't alway work that way, probably made a few here, lol ATB, Chloe

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
I am amazed and flabbergasted re the original posting. I don't think that I'll ever bother trying to help out other people anymore ever again. Having responded to a plea for help and posting a website that was very informative in many ways and gave MANY caravan sites all over Ireland which is a great start, I thought that the least one could do is to have responded back with a little six letter word, "thanks" but alas no, I received ****** all. I have a great deal of knowledge on many websites that give the information in general that people are after and information that they cannot find themselves that's why they come here but in future I think it's better to keep my trap shut if it is to much trouble to get a thank you.

Jul 2, 2006
Visit site
Maybe she was so impressed, she booked right away and is over in Ireland suppin' the black stuff as you read this.

Milk in Guinness?? Thats worse than coke in your whiskey!

You said,"I'm one of those strange people that if I make a mistake I would like to know about it so I can put it right"

Is that why you married a teacher? lol.

I've managed to get the same holidays as my pal for next year so we're both up for another trip to Ireland.

Do you have a name or a website for the site in Kilarney??

Better go and get my 'chores' done if i'm to get to watch the football tonight. I'm sure you'll be cheering on the Bhoys tonight aswell,

slainte,

Gavin.

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Gavin,

Nice one, I only married because it seemed like a good idea at the time! the older you get the wiser you are, well, that's the theory anyway.

If you go to Killarney I can recommend Fleming's White Bridge without hesitation. There are several sites around Killarney and they all seem to be appealing, we had a nose at all of them whilst we were there and on the face of it they appeared to be fine. Fleming's White Bridge is by the river Flesk, supermarket and other shops five minutes by car and easy walk into the town, that's if you like walking! The toilet's and showers were immaculate throughout our 16 night stay day and night. Very well run site and very well managed.

their website is: http://www.killarneycamping.com

If you look at this website, http://www.camping-ireland.ie/

and click as necessary on the map, there are several other site's if this one happens to be booked up. The south west is fabulous and Killarney is a perfect location to radiate out from. On your return next year it will be interesting to hear your comments.

BTW, I must write a hundred lines and slow down (or else find another teacher lol) because I have a habit of missing a letter here and there, two 'L's in Killarney! oops.

Have a good holiday and a safe journey,

Slainte to you as well,

Chloe

May 12, 2006
Visit site
Hi Chloe

Your bringing back some memories, went to Tralee around 1991 or so, some of the best Golf Courses in the World, and thats from someone living in Scotland !! My son stayed with the chap who wrote the book about the dolphin Fungie ??, ( we had a swimming competion against Tralee ) I need to go up to the loft and find the signed copy of the book. All I can say is I played Golf on the coast, and I can still remember the view out to the Atlantic. It has to be one of the best views in golf.

Val & Frank

Feb 21, 2005
Visit site
Hi Frank

That's a mighty long time ago. Memories, that's a wonderful gift that can never be taken away from us they'll always be tresured.

ATB, Chloe.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts