Good sites in Portugal?? Anyone...

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi there

As new overseas caravanners enjoying our first trip, have been in Spain for 5 weeks now,[loving every minute] the info I have been given on the forum has been such a help. We will be going into southern Portugal next and have 2 weeks booked. From there we plan to take 3 weeks to get to the ferry, Bilbao. Can anyone suggest a good route we might take, staying with the coast for a while, and good sites on the way?

Thanks a lot, Adios

Carole

Jul 22, 2006
Visit site
Hi Carole,

There is a camp site just outside Lagos called Turiscampo it is on the N125 near Pria de Luz they are in the camping cheque book ansd also have a web site. On your way up to Bilbao there is a site at Evora in Portugal and a site at Salamanca. You can stay overnight on the docks at Bilbao. We to are in Spain at the moment and isn't the weather wonderful better than the snow in the UK!

Feb 26, 2008
Visit site
Hello Carole.

If you visit www.roteiro-campista.pt you will find a book "Camping Portugal 2008" The cost was, I think, _10 including postage. It gives all the campsites in Portugal, including (most importantly) the municipal ones. These are incredibly cheap and absolutely first class. We went on one in February last year (not saying where - we might want to get on it again) and it cost us something like

Mar 23, 2008
Visit site
Hi Carole

We also have camped quite a few times in Portugal. There is a site just over the Spanish/Portuguese border at Monte Gordo and sites at Tavira, Quateria and Albuferia. A good sites book to get which lists a lot of sites with comments is the Caravan Clubs Caravanning Europe and they will sent it out to you. We have stayed at Evora, nice site. We also went up via Badajoz on A5 and stayed at a site called Camping 301 as it's literally at that marker on the A5. If you have a small/medium van you should be ok on most of the sites.

Happy hunting

Jan

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hi Carole

We also have camped quite a few times in Portugal. There is a site just over the Spanish/Portuguese border at Monte Gordo and sites at Tavira, Quateria and Albuferia. A good sites book to get which lists a lot of sites with comments is the Caravan Clubs Caravanning Europe and they will sent it out to you. We have stayed at Evora, nice site. We also went up via Badajoz on A5 and stayed at a site called Camping 301 as it's literally at that marker on the A5. If you have a small/medium van you should be ok on most of the sites.

Happy hunting

Jan
Jan

I am surprised you commend the Monte Gordo site as all the reports I have had is that it is not a good one, being crowded and very poor facilities, the only redeeming features are cheap and on the sea

G

If you want to go up the coast in Portugal to Porto we can give you some sites on the coast and which road to take to get into Spain from there as we were in Porto last September with our van .We drove from San Sebastien to Porto in a day and a half camping near Valladolid, on the way back near Burgos o the same route you could use to get back to Bilbao

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts