Goodbye and....

Page 2 - Passionate about caravans & motorhome? Join our community to share that passion with a global audience!
Mar 27, 2005
Visit site
Hi Deano

To a large extent I sympathise with you. You echo the thoughts of a lot of forum users including myself. I tend not to read the forum so much these days and post even less.

The moderator's response above defies belief. 13 posts in favour of a reprieve? What about the hundreds? who never posted because (a) They were relieved to see the back of this Kanga or (b)really could not care less because, like me, tend to ignore the puerile drivel and petty bickering that a self opinionated few insist on regaling us with.

Kanga does not bother me personally so much, I tend to just ignore his postings and the associated clique ramblings, but I am willing to bet Mr Mod, that there are more than 13 forum users that have either left this site or find the banter unacceptable.

I also note the moderator states that '...allowed back on the forum after promising to change'. I read a posting last week from him in which, not only did he have nothing constructive to say on a very important question on brakes, he also, in one sentence, made an abusive remark to the poster and insulted one of the people that had replied. This was removed very quickly so you won't find it now.

For my part I shall continue to use the forum as and when but I agree that an awful lot of the fun as gone out of it

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I can back you on this one Martyn as I was unhappy with what I found to be an insult on Marks writing ability from Kanga and asked him if it was necessary. The post was then removed. I also wonder about the people who dared not object to him coming back for being run down for doing so...

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Wel an interesting cross-section of opinions which is heartening. After all, what a boring world it would be if everyone agreed whole heartedly with anything said!

I guess after reading the posts I mentioned earlier, I just thought, "I'm not putting up with this kind of s+*t, I'm off." On reflection I may have got things a little crossed as I said and that didn't help.

I personally think that this particular thread should now be locked please Mr Moderator because it has more or less burned out, except for the pops at Kanga who doesn't seem to be getting involved (I assume he still has posting rights?). I feel it would be proper that we should therefore refrain from having a go at him in his absence. After all, he maybe acting with maturity by not involving himself in this thread.

In which case there is hope yet.

Thanks for posting, critical or otherwise. After all, what good are we if we cannot take criticism and hopefully learn by it?

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just to keep you all in the picture Kanga has been a little poorly but I'm sure your concerns for him will no doubt cheer him up and aid him towards a sppeedy recovery.

Apr 11, 2005
Visit site
Just to keep you all in the picture Kanga has been a little poorly but I'm sure your concerns for him will no doubt cheer him up and aid him towards a sppeedy recovery.
Not the dreaded stomach bug? If so Massive sympathy its AWFUL !

Get well soon xxx

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
To set the record straight with the Moderator of this forum I sent him this mail and repeat it here as a public gesture.

I was under the misapprehension that this particular user had become a moderator, which was pointed out in a reply. Hence the remarks about censure and the name 'Goderator', which was not aimed at you in any way.

Apologies that you thought that, it wasn't my intention. I mentioned that I am a moderator (on 3 LR forums) so I know what a job you have especially when you have to umpire such strong willed posters. You seem to have it all under control though, as you'll never please all the posters. Also in my experience it's normally only one person that stirs up all the rest. Rather than a sad and lonely troublemaker they seem to think themselves a 'Devil's Advocate'. Naive I think is the word.
Hi Dean

Been away for a long w/e - understand your frustration but must say I choose to del with it differently. The posting over the w/e would indicate a lot of people being fed up with the bullying.

You will have a great time with Fodrow - Hope you get down here.

I will see you on the other Forums!

Sodbury in a week and a bit! - I am selling a few bits this time - should be a laugh.

I have a fold down (not swing out) rear wheel carrier for a RR that bolts to the tow bar without compromising the ability to tow. It works great and was used by us on trips abroad camping but now we have a caravan we are not so stuck for space so it can be sold

Stick with it if you can!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a regular poster on another caravan website with far superior software and facilities I have to agree with comments on the set up here.

The "comments" section is confusing at times.When you look at "Topics" as I did today it may show latest posting as "Moderator" but if this is as a comment then its very hard to find what it was a comment to ---if you see what I mean!!

What I do like on this site is the willingness of the moderator and even "The Editor" to answer criticism.

Other sites just axe unwanted topics with no explanation and this can be bewildering at times.

With the degree of tolerance and willingness to answer criticism shown the site can only get gradually better as outside factors are improved.

I am not after a free mag as I already subscribe !!!!!

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
As a regular poster on another caravan website with far superior software and facilities I have to agree with comments on the set up here.

The "comments" section is confusing at times.When you look at "Topics" as I did today it may show latest posting as "Moderator" but if this is as a comment then its very hard to find what it was a comment to ---if you see what I mean!!

What I do like on this site is the willingness of the moderator and even "The Editor" to answer criticism.

Other sites just axe unwanted topics with no explanation and this can be bewildering at times.

With the degree of tolerance and willingness to answer criticism shown the site can only get gradually better as outside factors are improved.

I am not after a free mag as I already subscribe !!!!!
I agree John - this site must be the easiest I have seen to use and does lend itself to "non-techy" people. As such it must be well aimed at the caravanning audience in general.

I also think the Ed & the Mod's input gives the Forum considerable added value.

It is so different, as you say, to those forums where things are just scrubbed.

I do think unique passwords are required and I do think it needs updating - I am sure this will come.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Thank you for that Clive and also for making my point about "comments"

On the "Forums" opening page under "General" it lists CliveV as the last poster but when you go to "General" and look at the topic "Goodbye and" It still lists my last posting as the last posting and if your comment had been to any of the topics it could have taken some searching to read your "comment"

TRENDING THREADS