Government Sleeze

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Saw the six o'clock news this evening on BBC regarding the Italian/British corruption. The Italian newspaper printed a rather nice photo of Mr. David Mill's wife and the Italian PM in a more than friendly kiss on the lips and not on the cheek as is the normal European friendly custom.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I forgot to mention a certain gentleman who is annoyed that his reputation is open to question regarding elevation to the Upper House. Lord B. perhaps you could enlighten us on this matter with your wisdom of the workings of this noble establishment.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Ah! - you see - there you have it!

Only the good die young.

And that's my excuse for being an "opinionated old git" (SWMBO's term of endearment for yours truly)

LOL!

G

I am like many on this Forum and old enough to remember Profumo the first time. However, I also note that after his one mistake he spent the next 40 years atoning for it without ever asking for sympathy, or reward. Can anyone ever conceive of any of the current crop of 'snake oil dealers' ever considering similar action for the mere??? fact of misleading Parliament? I belive the 'punishment' nowadays is either banishment to be a European Commisioner or elevation to the House of Lords.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts