Grange Caravan Club Site

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Hi
We are off to the Grange caravan club site near Durham on saturday for a week, and was wondering if anyone had been and what was there views on the site?. Have heard a lot of good reports so far.

Dougie.....

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Hi Dougie
Stayed there two years ago. Very well maintained.
I went in June and it was fully booked but everything coped well. The dog walk was a bit small for us. Good location and Durham is a lovely place to visit.

Oct 14, 2008
Visit site
Nice site, a bit of noise from the A1, best if you park down the bottom end toilet block end if noise bothers you. Site well looked after and good toilet block, bit of a dog walk and you can follow a path right into Durham @ 45 mins walk. Lots to do in area but need to drive. Beach is only 20 mins away,

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi Dougie,
We stayed at Grange cc for a week at feb half term, We pitched right next to the large play area for our daughters benefits but if we were without kids we would of gone to the opposite end of the site as the road noise was very loud.
We used the park and ride to travel in and out of durham as its just a few minutes walk from the site and it cost £1.70 each return and I think it runs 7am-7pm but very handy for a pub lunch while you are out!!
The toilets were very clean and tidy and we found the wardens to be really friendly, in the information room there is a very helpful binder with all the local pubs that serve good food(it's only polite to try as many as possible!)
smiley-laughing.gif

Aimee

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Dougie stayed their last October, if you leave the site about 150 yards you will see a dirt path walk down it and take the first style right leads you down to the river which leads you straight into Durham, takes about an hour or just over. The site is as all CC sites maintained to the very best standards. Angel of the North about twenty minutes down the A1, don't forget to do Beamish we did the season ticket and went 3 times and still missed some of it, think it cost 15 quid for the season not sure maybe a bit less. One thing if you have a dog don’t sit outside Weatherspoons on the pavement tables. The wife and l were told to drink up and leave, why because our to small yorkies were not allowed on the premises, couldn't believe it their were dog ends strewn all over the pavement, residues of food left all over the pavement, wet heads out of their tree inside and this was only 1pm. When l got back and told my mates they all fell about laughing saying no one gets thrown out of Weatherspoons, well we did l said. When l think about it l can’t stop laughing myself, anyway Durham is lovely City and the area is great also, l am sure you will have a great time, one last thing be careful crossing the road from Durham outside the site its awfully busy.
NigelH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts