Green Flag (Mayday)

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Just getting ready for holiday to France next Thursday and today loud screeching noise coming from car (near front brakes - drive shafts - power steering etc) on my Vauxhall Vectra Est. 54 reg.

As it was Sunday and main dealership closed I decided to give Mayday a call (comprehensive cover) hopefully to see if I could get some expert advice.

Much to my surprise the Mayday operator took all details and then said as it could be brakes or something which would need the car to be jacked up the breakdown service could not do this for safety reasons they would have to tow me or transport the car to the main dealer. As it was Sunday and the dealership closed they said I would have to contact the main dealer and get them to transport the car and sort out problem on Monday !!

Is this right ? if so it means we are paying a lot of money to just have our cars towed to the garages. What can they do under the breakdown cover ?

Has anyone heard of this sort of thing

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
James,

Please remember your car is still under warranty,it is far better for the car to go back to the dealer than for the Green Flag operator to attempt a repair.Remember also that the operator only has approx half an hour to work on your car and so I would say that he would have needed more time than that to sort your problem out,ok your put out but where brakes are concerned and you are under warranty its best that the main dealer sorts it.My daughter has called them(Green Flag)3times and have found them to be very professional and caring.Jim.

TRENDING THREADS