Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Green as in algae green?

If it is algae, it means your roof is in damp conditions, is it parked beneath a tree? I'm not sure which is the best way to clean it off, but if you look under "Cleaner" in this forum section last post at

13 Nov 2005 05:06 PM

you will see advice given about removal. To stop it comming back remove either the light or the water allowing it to grow.

Nov 14, 2005
Visit site
YES ITS ALGAE. VAN AT A FARM WHERE I STORE IT .BEEN KEEPING IT THERE FOR A YEAR.VAN BEEN OUT 10 TIMES THIS SEASON AND NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM NO TREES VAN IN OPEN.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Plenty of food for algae to feed on around a farm, and it does not take long to grow once established. Is the van in a sheltered position? Without moisture, algae should not be a problem. Once you clean it off, give it a good coat of wax (easier said than done I know) to help the water drain.

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Darren, a strong mix of Fenwicks Caravan Cleaner (double the normal) will shift the algae with the help of a soft bristled, long handled car washing brush, and a step ladder.

Then rinse off, dry and apply a wax polish.

Nov 14, 2005
Visit site
thanks for all your help. will try your ideas.did see that rain was sitting on roof because i do store level .think i need to clean and go off-level thanks again.....

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts