Grey water disposal grouse

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Why do most sites seem to have combined grey/black water disposal points raised off the ground? That's OK for black water but lifting 40 kg of grey water 2 feet in the air is crazy.

Or am I missing something all this time?

Damian

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
They dont!
Most sites have the drinking water tap and next to it a grey water disposal , with its own tap for rinsing the waste water tank, both at ground level.

Reactions: JezzerB
Jul 18, 2017
Visit site
We have come across a couple. I remember oOne at Lichfield caravan site where you had to life it at least 2 foot as the drain was shaped like a wishing well. Another was on a CMC site at Bridport where the waste pipe was a foot off the ground on a serviced pitch. Since when does water run uphill?

May 2, 2020
Visit site
The sites we go to have separate disposal points except one CL near Mablethorpe and that is about 2ft high so I fill wastemaster with the lower top hole and empty more often. Its easier in long run

Sep 16, 2018
Visit site
Currently sitting on a site in Norfolk like this, last summer on a site in Cornwall the same. Having only been caravanning for 2 years and this is only our 2nd trip this year maybe we've had bad luck?

Jul 23, 2020
Visit site
Only been to 2 sites.... First one was raised and I did make a comment to someone else there that it's not ideal having to lift it. He said he didn't and just emptied it into the stream! I was able to pick ours up so did so. Glad that's not a common feature and the site I'm at now is ground level.

Aug 24, 2020
Visit site
I've only been on one site where the grey waste point was raised, and that was an agricultural showground which occasionally hosted conferences where the delegates camped / caravanned. Just as Mandarin describes, the grey and black waste points were side by side and about 3 feet off the ground. I found an "unofficial" grey waste point behind some portacabins where a manhole cover had been left open for the grey and black waste from the cabins to be piped into (I was on site as a volunteer worker and it was an area I was allowed to be).

Everywhere else I've used, grey waste has been at ground level, except two sites where I was allowed to pipe my grey waste to a land drain alongside the field, without using a wastemaster.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts