Grin Low Caravan Site - Ladmanlow, Buxton: Anyone been?

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hi Dale

We went to Grin Low CC site last Easter.

It's situated in an old quarry, right next to the Grin Low country park, so there's plenty of walking if you like that sort of thing. All the pitches are hardstandings, so I wouldn't have thought there would be problems as regard to flooding, anyway by that time hopefully the weather will have settled down a bit :O)

Nov 7, 2006
Visit site
Called in at the Grin Low site end of June. A man was having trouble with his tv aerial saying he couldn,t get a good picture. I believe that the reception there is quite poor for tv,s but I think the site sell a tv aerial for the sockets attached to the service points. Thought you may like to know this. Erica.x

Jun 20, 2005
Visit site
Just returned from two weeks stay at this site. Excellent facilities and the wardens, Pete , Linda, Bill & Linda are wonderful. We were there during the heavy rains and only the tent area seemed flooded although the ground was very , very wet. Superb walks for you and any dogs to Buxton via Solomons Temple and Grin Low woods. Bear in mind whilst the site is a disused quarry you are 900feet above sea level. As for tv we had no problem using the site's hook up. You do need a long co-ax cable. 25metres. hey sell them on site for

Jul 10, 2007
Visit site
I have never stayed on this site but i used to live in buxton.

Its a lovely town, Spring gardens for the shops, pavillion gardens is where the park is, a cafe and a few gift shops are there also a swimming pool.

You also have buxton opera house.

Bakewell is not far away or matlock bath.

If you go dont forget your empty bottles for your free spring water from the wells.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts