Groundsheet

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
I have a light grey breathable ground sheet. I now wish it wasn't light grey but it is. Have any one got any suggestions how to get it clean. Over the years ( about 4 now) I've used it and managed to gather new marks or stains which I have been unable to remove, I've tried soaking in washing powder, bealch etc but none of it worked. My wife said try a pressure hose which I am reluctant to do as it might rip it apart. I will do this as a last resort before deciding it looks horrible enough to go and buy new. A warning to anyone going to buy a ground sheet of the breathable type, DO NOT BUY LIGHT GREY. Any help with this would be appreciated. Thanks Mike

nor

Dec 21, 2003
Visit site
mike

i have read on another forum that someone did use a power hose on their ground sheet with good results. i would suggest you try it slowly with the pressure not too high. but we gave up on ground sheets years ago we now use the blue tarpaulin sheets you buy in diy stores they are light cheap and look pretty as my awning is blue.you can get green ones. they are so cheap you dont mind replacing them. we hang them on the line and hose them. because of the size we have two and put a ikea mat on the join. the grass stays green underneath they are brilliant.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Hiya Mike, why bother, it's a ground sheet, not a fitted carpet. That's what it's designed for, open another beer, and don't look down.

Cheers,

Barney.

Mar 14, 2005
Visit site
Mike - I've got a breathable green one. After a muddy experience at Middlebrook Farm Holiday Park nr Whitby (that's another story but wouldn't go back if it was free) I hung it on the line and gave it a good squirt with a pressure washer. Got all the mud off. Admitably it didn't get it as good as new but it was a big improvement.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts